The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Unknown Transmission?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manny402

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2010
Omaha, Nebraska
I purchased this transmission back in ‘07-‘09 around that time, on this website. It was purchased from a guy named Justin, he told me it was a shep stage 4 transmission, me being young and naive I went ahead a bought it. I used it for a few months with no problems, I parted out the car and and stored the transmission. Fast forward to today Im clueless to if it was ever true. I emailed shep the only serial numbers I see on the the transmission to validate build, unfortunately those aren’t his numbers. Question is is there another way I can find out if it’s built or find out who it was I bought from on this website?

Attachments

• 94AFEE77-C15B-4153-9AFB-EADE7E95DA7C.jpeg
    94AFEE77-C15B-4153-9AFB-EADE7E95DA7C.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 73
  • E5FFCCB9-B5A5-4835-95A4-9E047A7ABEEE.jpeg
    E5FFCCB9-B5A5-4835-95A4-9E047A7ABEEE.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 80
The first number you took a pic of is just the transmission ID number from mitsu. It's a 97-99, based on the MUZT. The other number is the VIN number of the car it came out of. Maybe you knew both those things already.

Did shep stamp his transmissions? I was unaware of that.

The first number you took a pic of is just the transmission ID number from mitsu. It's a 97-99, based on the MUZT. The other number is the VIN number of the car it came out of. Maybe you knew both those things already.

Did shep stamp his transmissions? I was unaware of that.

Yes all of sheps transmissions are stamped. Here is where they get stamped.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Techboy is correct on the years. Its 07/1996 - 1999

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back