The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

under the hood of AMStampy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMS Eric #2

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2004
North Aurora, Illinois
under the hood of AMS Eric #1
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Eric's car is the shit.

I was in awe the first time I saw it in person at Woodfield last year.

my numbers were on 30 psi on an SC61 with a 2G manifold since then I jumped to a 35R with a T4 housing and the tubular header made here at AMS. dont know what HP Im at now but my best time is a 10.83 @ 136.5 ....that was at 28 psi. Still need to work on that driving. Next on my plate is a real fuel system and 35 psi.

Eric

Wow very impressive. Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to get my car going again and get some timeslips for mine. The fastest you went with the sc61 was low 11s on race gas? My goal is a low 11 / high 10 with my setup, but I don't know how possible it is yet with the 61 to jump into the 10s "easily".

edit: I just realized I was reading eric #2's profile OMG

damn, eric, you go through turbo setups like j-lo goes through husbands, no problems overheating without fans?

Looking good Eric.

He run pull style fans on the back of the radiator.

Jim

ITSME4G63 said:
damn, eric, you go through turbo setups like j-lo goes through husbands, no problems overheating without fans?

like jim said about my fans they are pull style

this is the same setup I have had for almost 8 months. I am just throwing more boost at it and I had it all coated

Eric

Hey eric .. what model and year hyundai did that valve cover come off of? I have the same cover I picked up at a junkyard, however I took the studs to go with it as well. The studs are bigger than the stock bolts so they are too big to go through the mitsu valve cover gasket holes. I want to replace the gaskets anyways, but I need to know what year and model gaskets I need to order so I can use the studs. I probably should have looked closely at the car I took it off of to get this info, but I didn't even consider the fact that the studs are bigger. Any problems with the gaskets leaking just using regular bolts? I see the holes in the valve cover are also significantly larger than the mitsu ones. Car looks awesome. :thumb:

Thanks, honestly I have no idea what car that valve cover came off of. It was Kris' and he had it laying around. I used longer 10mm bolts and it seals just fine. you just have to finese the gasket on the vlave cover so it seats nicer.

Eric

we just did some baseline pulls with it before I toss a fuel system on it and an AMS intake manifold

@27 lbs of boost she made 609.4 WHP and 500 Ft/lbs. Dyno curve was SICK!! I will post up some numbers later on tomorrow.

Eric

AMS stampy said:
we just did some baseline pulls with it before I toss a fuel system on it and an AMS intake manifold

@27 lbs of boost she made 609.4 WHP and 500 Ft/lbs. Dyno curve was SICK!! I will post up some numbers later on tomorrow.

Eric

Damn is this awd or fwd?

This setup would be the biggest waste of time and money in a fwd car. This is an awd car with a welded center diff thats been converted wit an empty tcase to dyno in fwd.

AMS Eric #2 said:
This setup would be the biggest waste of time and money in a fwd car. This is an awd car with a welded center diff thats been converted wit an empty tcase to dyno in fwd.

I just saw " biggest waste of time and money in a car ". LOL. I was like " you built it" LOL ROFL . Good numbers Impressive compared to my 270 ish heh.

what Eric was refering to wasnt the HP number being a waste of time but rather the 2.3 producing 500 ft lbs of torque. Deffinetly not Ideal for a FWD.

Eric

AMS stampy said:

Eric

Can yo post some pics of the intake mani. I have been waiting to see this thing.

I will later on today. we are in the middle of testing on it and all I can say Is WOW!! it is making BIG power over an allready awesome intake manifold

Eric

Damn you AMS guys!!! All your stuff is so damn sweet :thumb: I love how all of your stuff is just a little different then eachothers. Hey someone asked amsjim befor but how much would a custom exhaust mani like you guys have would run in price. I live in milwaukee and would have no problem ordering one by any means. I love the way they look and im sure they perform just as good.

Right around 900-1000 for a custom manifold like that.

we offer a header for the dsm with our turbo kit. here are some pics

Attachments

• DSC03237.JPG
    DSC03237.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC03239.JPG
    DSC03239.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC03241.JPG
    DSC03241.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC03247.JPG
    DSC03247.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 223
How much is that kit? and is that the GT35 that comes with the kit? If it is I will definatly pick that up next month. And by the way what is your website for the chicago ams. I keep turning up a search and getting one not out of chicago.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back