The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

UNCOMMON continual idle problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spectr019

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 28, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
I've read through any idle problem thread I could find, and my situation is still unique so far. I've had my 2G for 4 years. I bought it completely stock. After I did an exhaust on it, it would stall (SOMETIMES) if I were to go from full boost to suddenly clutching and braking. So no big deal so far. This past winter I stored the car for about 5 months. Brought it out in spring, drove it down the road and when I came to a stop sign it would stall. It would continually stall until I got it on the highway and would boost it up a few times. After that, everything was good. Six months ago I was in an accident, and I just finally got the car running again this week. Now, however, the idle and the stalling issue is almost the same as when I brought it out from storage 6 months ago (with the augmentation of idle surge), however it's being persistant and not going away.
The other threads I've read did not have such an ongoing issue with stalling, one which would seem to fix itself. Now, however, it's not happening the way I would like. Is it still recommending that I go through the regular steps? Check the BISS, the ISC, vacuum leaks? Thanks for the help yall, and I'm sorry if this does just turn out to be the same question asked a thousand times.

Ben :talon:

1-exhaust leaks
2-BLT
3-BISS
4-ISC
..yes do the normal.

If all that checks out, I'd look at fuel delivery.

okay, thank you. sorry for the wasted time on such a common issue, but it just seemed different because of how it's acted for so long. Thanks, I'll do the normal checks.

Ben :talon:

Another thing to do would be check for boost/vac leaks, my car did the exact same thing, turns out I had an undiagnosed vac leak, but I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out the BISS/ISC etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back