The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

U.S. Mail.......Do you hate it???...RANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siwelk

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
IndianaUS
I absolutely hate the u.s. mail. I sent out a $150 MO to Tom Sawyer in Oregon on the 30th of July and he has yet to receive it. So, being the concerned person that i am, i go down to the post office to see what i can do. I told the lady that i sent out this MO almost two weeks ago and its obviously been lost or something. And shes like, "Oh, well we cant put a trace on it yet. You have to wait at least 30 days. Would you like to come back then?" Im thinking, "are you kidding me lady. Youre telling me that youve lost my MO and you wont even look for it for another 2 weeks???" I told her that was BS and walked out. I wish i had used Paypal or something, but i couldnt at the time. Im going to avoid using the snail mail system from now on. Anyone else have similar experiences???

Sorry for the length. I need to cool down.:mad:

I like th US mail. They bring me car parts, money orders, FHM magazine, bills now and then, and letters from school.

Originally posted by siwelk
I absolutely hate the u.s. mail. I sent out a $150 MO to Tom Sawyer in Oregon on the 30th of July and he has yet to receive it. So, being the concerned person that i am, i go down to the post office to see what i can do. I told the lady that i sent out this MO almost two weeks ago and its obviously been lost or something. And shes like, "Oh, well we cant put a trace on it yet. You have to wait at least 30 days. Would you like to come back then?" Im thinking, "are you kidding me lady. Youre telling me that youve lost my MO and you wont even look for it for another 2 weeks???" I told her that was BS and walked out. I wish i had used Paypal or something, but i couldnt at the time. Im going to avoid using the snail mail system from now on. Anyone else have similar experiences???

Did the clerk lady tell you why they couldn't trace it for another two weeks? Well let me tell you, there is no need to trace a M.O. till at least 30 days after you have mailed it. The reason being is because it could have got missorted,wrong address,no apt #,wrong zip code, ect..ect...ect. The post office is not gonna waste their time looking for a letter that later turns up. So there for they give it a long enough grace period before they consider it lost. Try overnight express next time, at least you can track it at all times. It is better to send a money order this way cause of less risk of it getting lost. Because to trace a money order and reissue one if it gets lost, takes a long time to process no matter where you purchased it. So keep in mind always send a money order the safest way or with tracking like overnight.

i sent out a 175$ MO to get a 14b turbo off someone from this site. they never recieved the MO and i know theyre a trustworthy person many people have dealt with him before with no problems. thats BS its been almost a month im ready to go to the post office and demand my money back

Yeah, if i have to use the U.S. mail again, it will definately be overnight express or some type of delivery conformation.

Originally posted by Sephroth57
i sent out a 175$ MO to get a 14b turbo off someone from this site. they never recieved the MO and i know theyre a trustworthy person many people have dealt with him before with no problems. thats BS its been almost a month im ready to go to the post office and demand my money back
You can't just walk into the post office and demand your money back. There are steps that need to be taken. You have to fill out a form to trace it first $2.75.

Originally posted by siwelk

I had the same problem I sent a money order to a person that should take 2-3 days to get but they didn't. so i just wait a little longer still nothing. i just mail in the other part of the money cause it was a western union and got my money back. it must have gotten lost in the mail.

:mad: :mad:

so i gotta pay them money to find the money that they lost cause they ####ed up? great that makes sense...

UPS. You would have had a claim settled in days if you proved it was lost.

Go brown. UPS OWNZ!

Originally posted by AW4G63
UPS. You would have had a claim settled in days if you proved it was lost.

Go brown. UPS OWNZ!

yeah they will deliver your package up close and personal

Attachments

• upsdelivery.jpg
    upsdelivery.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 91
DSMED just like a guy in uniform handling his package.

OHIOWN3D!

my experiences with them have been 80% good, 10% ugggh ok & 10% terrible. i recently parted out a car & most everything got there in a reasonable time. now, things like registrations for my cars, checks & money orders.......they seem to take forever to get here. (or from whenever the person or dmv said that they were sent) i have shipped over 200 parts in the last 6 months & well pretty much they get there every time....no matter how long it takes. most of the time for mid sized parcels (10+lbs) they are a lot cheaper, but they are more expensive for smaller items. go figure

next time use certified mail with a receipt, signature needed, and you get a thing in the mail that says its been received.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back