The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

typical 60' times?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitsuBoost

Banned Member
Sep 23, 2003
818 - 909, CaliforniaUS
what are typical 60' times on each of these setups with street tires?

1. 2g FWD stock tranny
2. 2g FWD with BM LSD insert
3. 2g FWD with quaife LSD
4. 2g AWD stock tranny

MitsuBoost said:
what are typical 0-60' times on each of these setups with street tires?

1. 2g FWD stock tranny
4. 2g AWD stock tranny

It really all depends on the driver...but I'm gonna take a stab:

1. 2.2 (best)-2.7 (worst)
2. 2.2-2.5
3. 1.8 - 2.2
4. 1.7 - 2.2

I think you may be confusing 60' timies with 0 to 60 times. Typical 0 to 60 is about double of the figures posted.

sorry my mistake... I did mean 60' times as opposed to 0-60mph. Correction has been made :)

GinNBoost said:
It really all depends on the driver...but I'm gonna take a stab:

1. 2.2 (best)-2.7 (worst)
2. 2.2-2.5
3. 1.8 - 2.2
4. 1.7 - 2.2

Stock 2g awd should be able to pull a 1.6. I did on shitty tires.

ive seen lots of consistant 1.6 60fts in stock awd trannys....its all the driver

I think that a stock awd should see 1.9`s-high 1.8s it all depends on your tires. With a 2100 i`ve been able too pull a 1.76, on all season sport tires

MitsuBoost said:
what are typical 60' times on each of these setups with street tires?

1. 2g FWD stock tranny
4. 2g AWD stock tranny

1.) I have pulled a 2.1 on street radials I Hven't seen sub 2.0 on stock tranny.
2.) I would be guessing just as good as a tranny with quaife
3.) best I have seen is 1.7(with slicks of course)
4.) stock tranny/clutch 1.8+ aftermarket clutch 1.6+

I pulled a 1.711 - 60 on stock clutch, stock awd tranny, and tires with 35% tread :)

StreetThisDSM said:
I pulled a 1.711 - 60 on stock clutch, stock awd tranny, and tires with 35% tread :)

Thats pretty hardcore. Best i managed was a 1.75 with a stage 4 clutch from bully

For me:

2G, FWD, bone stock(so of course an open diff)

My best 60' was 2.063. However, with the influx of mods, and not practicing launching, I'm to a very embarassing 2.7, and that's with a Quaife. :| :cry: :thumbdown

A strong lsd, good tires, and serious practice is what truly decides a 1.6, or a 2.7(or worse) 60'.

I was able to get a best of 1.95 with my 2100 and little practice.

Note: I was/am having problems with my setup, causing my power and tuning to suffer.

All i can get is a 2.4 with my fwd and shitty bald tires, no matter how i try and launch it.

I got a 1.9 60ft time with slicks and a phantom grip but clutch was slipping! i hope i can break a 1.8 60ft time with new clutch. oh i have a stock transmission except for the phantom insert 13 flat couldve done a 12 second pass but clutch slipped.

CanadianTSi said:
Not a chance, best I could do with the stock clutch was 1.9. Now with a 2600 I do consitant 1.75's

1.73 60ft, car was almost completely stock except a cut out and boost controller. Backed up several times and have several time slips to prove it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back