The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Type of Insurance for Track only car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If it's only a track car why do u need insurance. I know in West Virginia and South Carolina you don't even register track cars because they aren't driven on the street.

Ya if the car is not registered and wont be driven on the road at all no need for insurance really. But if you wanted to have it just get liability.

Comprehensive without liability. You will have to have the adjuster come out and check the car and give a value to the car and aftermarket parts. Then they will quote you a price to protect these against:

Theft
Fire
Acts of god
ETC

All of these can happen in the garage as easily as on the street so you should protect your car even if it will not be driven on the street.

Good luck with any of the high volume insurers. You want storage and transport insurance from one of the specialty companies. Try Hagerty or Parish Heacock. Grundy may work as well. The key is to find a company that will insure based on agreed value.

Yeah the main things I would want insurance for would be theft, unfortunate events (fire, tornado, etc...) and for while travelling on the trailer. Anyone have any idea how high priced this type of insurance would be? As compared to full coverage and/or plpd?

The three companies I posted all have web sites (and may quote on-line). Google them up. Your cost will vary depending on your location.

crankbender said:
Comprehensive without liability. You will have to have the adjuster come out and check the car and give a value to the car and aftermarket parts. Then they will quote you a price to protect these against:

Theft
Fire
Acts of god
ETC

All of these can happen in the garage as easily as on the street so you should protect your car even if it will not be driven on the street.

He's right. That is the only way to get insurance on a non-street car. Problem being when we insured out shop drag car. It was 200 PER race and only allowed 10 race's per year. That only covered it if the whole car was totaled and a fraction of the aftermarket parts.

Yes, as crankbender had stated, comprehensive (no collision) would be the way to go. Thats what I do with my Eclipse every winter when I store it in the garage....

But first check with the insurance company to see if their coverage applies on the track. I know for a fact that most of my previous insurance companies (as well as my current one) told me that if they ever receive proof that my car is or was on a race track after the start of their coverage, they would cancel my coverage indefinitely.

There might be a specialty insurance company out there somewhere for track-use only cars, but I'm sure the season fees would be a left arm and maybe a leg or two....

I would just go with full coverage. You might drive it on the street after the track one day... and shit happens. Consult the track as well. Some tracks require at least liability--consult the track.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back