1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Type 3 hard anodizing

Posted by babyviper, Jun 1, 2020

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. babyviper

babyviper Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2003
    Mays Landing, New Jersey
    looking for a vendor "ideally a supporting vendor" that does type 3 hard anodizing. Want to test out a theory I had, hard anodizing the mid-case to give same affect as the boostin mid-case.

Street Build 3K  12

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    697.5 whp · 517.2 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  2. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, UK, Europe
    so thats hard anodising, which is thicker and stronger. tolerances have to be thought out with this since it is thicker as a finish by a good few microns (i forget the exact amount) but you can request an amount also as long as its within spec of the hard coating

Road Race Build 10K  10  57

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  3. babyviper

babyviper Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2003
    Mays Landing, New Jersey
    Yep, hard anodizing. LMK if you know anyone.

Street Build 3K  12

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    697.5 whp · 517.2 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  4. Twinturbo120

Twinturbo120 Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    I use to get work done by these people. They were the guys to call when you wanted something done right the first time. Give them a call and ask.

Street Build 533  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM