The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

two dry nitrous solenoids?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnett03

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2005
Aurora, Colorado
im getting a used NOS brand dry nitrous system. It has two solenoids with a blue adaptor in between. I'm wondering why it has two solenoids? Im switching it over to a wet kit so can i use one solenoid for nitrous and one for fuel?

This should be in the nitrous catagory...

However, this is how the dry kit works, two nitrous solenoids with the vaccum increaser in the center. The second solenoid gives the system a chance to raise fuel pressure before nitrous comes hitting, it's a split second thing but it helps.

I'm not sure of a nitrous solenoid can be used for fuel or not. They are different (fuel and nitrous solenoids) and It depends if it can handle being in gasoline or not. Really you should just buy the proper kit. Guys who monkey around with things like doing what your talking about always end up with problems down the road.

DSMJim said:
This should be in the nitrous catagory...

However, this is how the dry kit works, two nitrous solenoids with the vaccum increaser in the center. The second solenoid gives the system a chance to raise fuel pressure before nitrous comes hitting, it's a split second thing but it helps.

I'm not sure of a nitrous solenoid can be used for fuel or not. They are different (fuel and nitrous solenoids) and It depends if it can handle being in gasoline or not. Really you should just buy the proper kit. Guys who monkey around with things like doing what your talking about always end up with problems down the road.
so would it be possible to use this 2nd solenoid as a purge solenoid? I've already ordered the correct fuel solenoid

DSMJim said:
Yeah, it's perfect for that...
awesome, thanks jim.. Can't wait to see what a 35shot can do with a 60-1

one more question.. For the purge line coming out of the purge can i use the autometer copper or plastic 1/8NPT gauge line that is used for boost/oil gauges? is that ok?

Burnett03 said:
one more question.. For the purge line coming out of the purge can i use the autometer copper or plastic 1/8NPT gauge line that is used for boost/oil gauges? is that ok?

You can use anything because the nitrous so rarely goes through the line and when it does its only for a short time. The only thing is that it may blow off. Goto your local auto parts store and buy 3/16ths aluminized brake line. You can make a purge from that and it won't blow off.. It's easy to flare with a cheap-o flaring tool and easy to bend, just bend the line aroudn sockets in your vice.

DSMJim said:
You can use anything because the nitrous so rarely goes through the line and when it does its only for a short time. The only thing is that it may blow off. Goto your local auto parts store and buy 3/16ths aluminized brake line. You can make a purge from that and it won't blow off.. It's easy to flare with a cheap-o flaring tool and easy to bend, just bend the line aroudn sockets in your vice.

DSMJim is right, that's probably the best to use.

Personally, I was lazy, I use plastic nylon tubing from Home Depot with a compression to 1/8th NPT fitting. It works fine. (Side note, unlike Jim's suggestion, the tubing will whip around under pressure since it is not rigid, so make sure it is secured down if you decide to use plastic).

-Brian

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back