The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Two Codes: p1400-emission controls and p0505 idle control

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
The codes I pulled off of my car are p1400-emission controls and p0505 idle control. Anybody have any good tips to what this is? Thanks

what are the symptoms of the problem? obviously you're having one, and if you're not, clear the codes and go on your merry way.

The car idles at 1200 rpms and it sounds and smells like it might be running rich because it pops and gurgles a little at idle and the exhaust has a strong smell.

Where is the ISC motor and how do I check it to see if its good? Also can emissions control code be from a o2 sensor and high flow cat?

Where is the ISC motor and how do I check it to see if its good? Also can emissions control code be from a o2 sensor and high flow cat?

The ISC motor is on the lower part of the throttle body here is some info about testing the ISC http://dmtalon.v8eaters.com/ISC.html . As my post above says the P1400 code is the MDP sensor which is located on the top of the intake manifold. The obdII scanners form autozone & stuff don't always give the correct description of the code, thats why it says P1400 emission control, its just giving you a generic description you need to cross reference those codes to the actual cel codes specifically for our cars to get the correct description. A bad or non existent cat would give a code for a bad rear o2 sensor, but that is not the code you are getting. Check your MDP first, the MDP code can also be related to EGR problems.

The ISC motor is on the lower part of the throttle body here is some info about testing the ISC http://dmtalon.v8eaters.com/ISC.html . As my post above says the P1400 code is the MDP sensor which is located on the top of the intake manifold. The obdII scanners form autozone & stuff don't always give the correct description of the code, thats why it says P1400 emission control, its just giving you a generic description you need to cross reference those codes to the actual cel codes specifically for our cars to get the correct description. A bad or non existent cat would give a code for a bad rear o2 sensor, but that is not the code you are getting. Check your MDP first, the MDP code can also be related to EGR problems.

How do I know if the MDP is working and the EGR is too? Thanks for the help

Hey I figure I'd hop in on this thread. I have the same codes P1400 and P0505. I also have a P0136 code (even though I have a brand new rear O2). I also have major idle issues. Plus my Vacuum is inconsistant, at idle it holds at 10-11 HG.

Anyways, I just tested my ISC, so I know it's fried. Also, it's physically broken. So I ordered a replacement.

Regarding the MDP, I checked the hole beneath it, it's not plugged at all. How do I test the MDP itself?

Also, could the P0136 be related to any of this?

Can anyone participating on this thread give me an update of their progress? It would really help me out. I'll update after I get my new ISC and install it.

Bye for now,

Tom

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back