The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Twisted motion "ebay" turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hickory-NC-2Ggsx

Supporting VIP
Dec 27, 2018
Lincolnton, North_Carolina
So ive been into the dsm game for about 5 years now. And ive always seen this 20g sold by twisted motion. Im curious bc to me they look like rebranded up priced (450$) ebay units. I suppose they could just use the housings. But i want to see what everyone else thinks. And thought it would be a good thread for others considering ive never seen anything about them.

Attachments

• IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 95
Twisted Motion is just another scam vendor selling Chinese turbo at 200% profit. They apparently build confidence in their products by showing photos on their Facebook page of a Chinese turbo sitting on a work bench that they clearly just took out of a box, or "rebuilt" a customer's quality turbo likely by dropping a new Chinese CHRA in just to make people think they're built in-house with quality parts.

At best all they do is re-clock the turbos so they fit whatever riced-out drift car their target audience is driving. Might last a while at low boost but apparently they don't take any real amount of abuse well.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'll gladly buy a Chinese 20G from eBay, pull it down, port the wastegate hole and weld the flapper bushing in place so it actually has a chance at controlling boost, then hog out the oiling hole in the thrust plate and rebalance the rotor group then sell it to you for $450. That's a hell of a lot more than they're doing for the same price. LOL

this is why i made this post so others can know what these really are. Thanks for chiming in @JusMX141 i was hoping you would see this thread bc you are the master. I myself never bought one in the past 5 years bc of them looking so similar to a ebay turbo. ROFL

This is the stuff that kills me. A lot of these "companies" that mark up the ching chong specials don't seem to target our community like they do the V8 guys and the Nissan crowd and such thankfully, but I constantly ask myself how they get these guys to fall for it. Another prime example is the On3 racing stuff, take a 155 dollar china 35r, slap an "On3 Performance" logo on it and mark it up to 450 bucks and the guys buying it think they're actually buying something good and buy the crap out of it. If someone knows the risks and wants to run one that's all on them but no sense in paying 300 bucks more than its worth just because of a name on the box.

Yeah ive always thought the same on the on3 stuff. Ive had a few mustangs come into where i work with there stuff and the kits are always made poorly. For example every kit the driver said header has to be dented just the clear. Me personally if im going to pay that much it best be atleast half decent.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back