The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

twisted driveshaft splines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron91RS

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2003
St. Louis, Missouri
hmmm
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Definitely wasn't being easy on the car:D
I'm sure he's gonna say he never launches it:cool:

That happens regularly when you launch with decent power, or just brutal clutch dumps with street tires.

I have seen that many times before; usually with cars making well over 500AWHP.

Are you running solid engine/transmission mounts? Good carrier bearings? Good rear end bushing?

What center diff are you running?

Haven't even launched this one hard yet. It's still on the stock center diff and the AEM is untuned so it just runs rich all the way to 30psi.

Once it gets tuned I'll quit being easy on it though. :shhh:

I wouldn't have even found this if the transfer case hadn't been leaking so I pulled it off and happened to shine a light in the end of the driveshaft.

Thank goodness I have a spare dsm #4 in the woods for another driveshaft snout.

May want to also check the shaft in the t-case. They will twist a little at a time on a high powered car until they break too. Looking at that yoke, you probably also have a damaged t-case unless it had a t-case that failed in there before and that's what killed the yoke.

Jack

Shims either side of the gears in the centre diff might be susspect ?
Cheers !

anyone have a part number for the transfer case seals.
I can't find it on any parts store sites and they keep looking up an output shaft seal which is the one that goes in the transmission not the transfer case.
They can't comprehend a transfer case on a transverse mounted engine when I try to explain it to them.

Is it a mitsibushi only part or does a vendor sell them?

JNZ has everything for the cheapest price in the fastest amount of time. just call them, explain it to them and they'll do the rest.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back