The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Twin Scroll with non twin scroll manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingjust

15+ Year Contributor
May 23, 2006
Orlando, Florida
I've got a good deal on a twin scroll 258. But I already have placed the order for an ERL manifold, so here is the question. How detrimental would it be to the performance of the turbo with out having a twin scroll manifold. I mean, the guy i'm buying the turbo from (he rebuilds turbo's for a living) can bullet tip (round off) the middle edges of the volute inlet. I think that would suffice but I might just tell him to put on a .70 turbine housing. Give me some input guys, I really don't feel like spending a "G" for a twin scroll mani!

KJ

IMO don't do that to the TS hotside. Either drop the cash for the TS manifold, or pick up the .70 housing. Either one will work better than using a TS housing on the standard manifold.

IMO don't do that to the TS hotside. Either drop the cash for the TS manifold, or pick up the .70 housing. Either one will work better than using a TS housing on the standard manifold.

What would be the negative effects of it besides probably burning that bridge ROFL,??? I'm considering the .70 hotside, i'm trying to see if he can swap it out free of charge, or he can machine one for me from a garret T3 unit. I'll see what he says.

KJ

But he has a good deal on a faster spooling turbo that will suit his goal?????? why spend money for lag.

Just get the .70 a/r housing. With the BW s258 turbine wheel, it will flow PLENTY. Knife-edging is what it's called when you attempt to increase the aerodynamics of a divider. But you can't change the purpose of the turbine housing doing that. It was designed for a divided runner manifold, and your spool will suffer significantly runnign an open header design.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back