The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Twin disk issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason99GSX

Probationary Member
Oct 3, 2011
Lehigh valley, Pennsylvania
Have a QM twin disk in my car. I’m curious if this sounds like I may have the clutch pedal adjusted incorrectly. The engine is brand new. Few passes around the block is all it has on it. But having an issue where I would press the clutch and the car would die or try to die. I thought I was over disengaging the clutch and read that I needed a clutch stop. Added it and still can’t get it to work correctly. Talked to one or two people and was told I shouldn’t need a clutch stop. I’m hoping this is an easy fix by just adjusting the clutch pedal properly. I was able to adjust it to the point with the clutch stop where I could press the clutch in and it would t die but as soon as I would attempt to put the car in gear it dies or I will get locked out and can’t even get it into gear. I’m really hoping this is just something stupid and something isn’t seriously wrong. Can anyone help me out ? This is the only thing holding me up from breaking in my fresh build and getting tuning done etc. Thanks in advance.

There's a really good clutch pedal adjustment technique I found that fixed my clutch drag when I installed my ACT clutch. You will need an extra guy. I don't have the link but just look up dsm clutch pedal adjustment. It would take too long to write out the directions.

Hey guys update....so I actually followed the Jacks Transmission clutch pedal and master cylinder adjustment video, a great video on adjusting. Followed that and the pedal feels much better. I’m guessing it was in fact a clutch drag issue causing it to shutoff. The RPMs drop ever so slightly when I press the clutch in but it’s normal for it to drop a hair correct? Also can anyone confirm if I followed the video 100% do I need to have a clutch stop or should I be good to go ? I don’t want any issues with the thrust bearing. Thanks for any help

Adjust the clutch stop button all the way in to the thread rod. Once its pressed flush do one more full rotation inward for preload.

Ok I will do that. I did adjust that clutch stop thread rod at the top a decent amount to give that pedal more travel when it comes up but maybe I could go a tad more. The stop on the pedal itself has to just come up enough to barely be touching that little button right? Here is a photo of how the clutch stop at the top looks and how much of that little button is sticking out as of right now.

Attachments

• F2E05C73-FF99-4C54-A2B9-C8AA65567333.jpeg
    F2E05C73-FF99-4C54-A2B9-C8AA65567333.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back