The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Turning radius messed up? [Merged 7-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Called - having 16inch rims, 55 size stock tires and having FWD where the CV joints can only bend so far without locking up while turnig. Plus our DSM's are a bit on the wide, long and low side, thus - that makes a difference.

If you want a short steering radius, get a SMART CAR!!

You could pull the steering wheel off and place it a few degrees to the right, then get the car realigned. This would give you a bit tighter steering on left turns at the expense of wiode right hand turns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, turning radius is large. I can U-turn my van in my street but have to K-turn my DSM.

drifters make some sort of modification to the steering arms or something to make the cars turn harder and more easily controled in a slide..

This would also make the cars turning radius smaller. which is good. I was wondering if anyone has tried this with a 95 talon n/t?

what did you modify and how? if anything?

Or is it as simple as turning the nuts on the steering control arm? And then adjusting toe so the wheels ride straight and true?

Drifters don't use FWD, and have no CV joints to be concerned with. Turning a CV joint too far will make its balls pop out. Very unseemly in company.

Drifters don't use FWD, and have no CV joints to be concerned with. Turning a CV joint too far will make its balls pop out. Very unseemly in company.

Wow. Just wow...

On the cars that have the sharper front wheel angle the front suspension is modified so that the wheels turn more without causing interference between the tire and other suspension parts. Front wheel drive cars cannot do this as the CV's themselves can only turn so far. If they are pushed to turn further then they break. And yes little balls will acutally pop out, but they are called bearings!

The turn radius of these cars do suck. Is it all caused by the front wheels being limited in their turning bc of the cv axles? Im sure other front wheel drive cars turn better than ours do.

My buddies chevy silverado has a better turning radius than my eclipse....its sad really.

LOL I wonder how the 1G AWD talon turning radius is.....

I always look like an idiot when I am driving my girlfriends car, and when I go to pull into a parking space, I throw it in reverse to cut the wheel again, forgetting that her car along with practically every car does not have a turning radius the size of a small country.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back