The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

turning a $500 car into a running DD.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedicus

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2011
Garden city, Kansas
zedicus;152720006 said:
jb3brr.jpg
mouse nest

6iwm55.jpg
bent valves

20rs203.jpg
engine shot

i just got it back together, found a broke weld on the intake tube and fixed it. still have some leaks to track down and fix. and probably will need to rebuild the throttle body.

kids birthday party this weekend so wont get to work on it more till next week. more pics then though.

turning this into a blog entry

i forgot i had started a blog on this. why is there blogs and journals? what is the difference? that is the question.

i drove this car as my DD for about a year and the pressed in generic plug on the oil pump finally pushed out one freezing winter morning. a combination of steel plug, aluminum oil housing, below 0 outside temp, and a warming up engine. i made it home before any real engine damage occurred but the engines static psi test is well under the service limit anyway so i figured a rebuild is in order.

this will be a high compression stroker 10:1, 2.4l over bore stuffed into a stock 6-bolt. under a stock head. goal is high torque low RPM street terror build.

its about half done, i have the bottom end built, i just need to finish the cloning machine first so i can dedicate some real man hours to this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back