The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Turn signal problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph90talon

Proven Member
Aug 18, 2015
Paw paw, Michigan
Ok so a couple days ago my right turning signal started blinking really fast In my 1990 eagle talon. I figured ok bulb blew. Put new bulb in didn't fix the problem I then swapped the the turn signal sockets to see if maybe one socket was bad. Now Both front turn signals don't work even after putting the turning signal sockets back the way they were. The back turn signals flash very fast. When I push the hazard button the back lights flash like they should but I still get nothing up front. so far I've

. Put new turn signal bulbs in front
.checked 10amp fuse under driver side panel looked good
. I can hear the relay clicking for the turn signals so I'm assuming it's working
. I took front and back turn signal wires completely out of sockets to clean
. I took the connecting copper connections inside the sockets them self and Bent them out a little to make better contact.
. I looked at hazard switch for corrosion but was clean and the button itself seems to function as it should

What am I missing? Anybody else have this problem?

Last edited:
Mine went nuts in the front one day and I tried everything. Finally just disconnected the battery, don't know what it did, but they started working correctly again. Just luck BUT it did fix it. Still don't know what the deal was. My 98 TSI did sorta the same thing and it was the box on the back of the inside fuse box that deals with all of the inside lighting. I changed it out for a good 98 model unit (it had a different year box in it for some reason) and it fixed it. Just chiming in. 99% of the time it is a hot wire grounding out and can even be a bulb that the turn signal element has burnt out on and it is touching the other filament.

I've actually taken the the wires out of the connectors themselves and cleaned them then put them back in the plug. I have tested both power sources with a test light and they do have power. I how ever have not tested the grounds or to see if the socket itself when plugged in is getting power. This will be on tomorrow's to do list

Ok guys I FINALLY got to probing around with my multi meter. and for some reason the bulb sockets themselfs seem to be the problem. The powers there tell I probe the socket contact itself and I've done all the cleaning possible but the socket just won't transfer the power to the bulb..My next question, is there anybody in the south haven Michigan area that has these sockets. My local junk yards don't have these cars in them. And I've checked for pigtails at autozone,auto valve and advanced auto with no luck to find anything that would mount into the housing. So can anybody point me towards a pigtail there aware of that I can order on line or if your close enough just come buy??

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 171
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back