The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Turn signal oddity

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipseguy_36

Probationary Member
Aug 11, 2020
Staunton, Virginia
Ok yall my left turn signal is acting wierd. Both the front and back. Bulbs are flashing but its flashing really fast. But when i use my right turn signal it blinks normally. Ive gone through the wires and nothing visually looks bad. The signal stalk is about 30 days old. Any ideas???

Often one end blinks fast when the other is out, was it blinking the normal rate at first, and then changed? Try swapping bulbs side to side? If that doesn’t fix it perhaps the flasher is going bad.
Where would the flasher be located and are there seperate flasher for each side

Ok, so I never really had to research this circuit on my dsm, but have seen it with other cars. After a little reading in my Factory manual, there is only one flasher unit, and it is electronic, so less like to be at fault. It is located up above the driver footwell, near the Junction block. There is a nice troubleshooting page that describes that when one lights wiring is damaged or disconnected, the flasher will speed up. So you should focus on that. Do you have the Factory electrical manual? I think you can link a download from the Tech help/ maintenance post.

Check the inside of the sockets too. Sometimes the contacts need to be bent out to make better contact, or they're burnt up. On my 2g, the ground wire in the tail light came loose. Took me a while to figure this out.

Fast blinking is a sign that the amperage draw is lower than factory spec. This could be due to 1) bulb out somewhere; 2) wrong kind of bulb using less current than oem bulbs; or 3) loose connection

I swapped to LED bulbs and my turn signals blink fast (but not the hazards). The fix would be to use a resistor set to simulate a higher current draw, but it doesn’t bother me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back