The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo's on sale, is this a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97toplessturbo

15+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2003
New_HampshireUS
Hey all, just wondering if this is a good deal. forcedperformance.com is offering this:

2G Big 16G Package Deal
The 2G package deal is back! If you missed it the first time, now's your chance. Get a complete setup for your 2G DSM, including:

- Ported Big 16G w/ 34mm wastegate mod
- 2G Install Kit
- Braided Stainless Steel Oil Supply Line
- Walbro 255lph HP Fuel Pump w/ install kit
- Joe P Manual Boost Controller

On Sale for $999!

It seems decent to me, my supporting mods are an Injen intake, Greddy UIP/LIP, HKS BOV, Thermal 3", plugs, and wires. I'm thinking that if i buy this all i really need is some bigger injectors, a tuning device (s-afc), and eventually a front mount ic. Any help would be great! Also, what can i expect for power gains from just this deal, without the future mods.

:dsm: :thumb:

It seems like a pretty good deal to me. and it's from a very reputable vendor. A "back of the envelope" calculation says your saving about $140, which is pretty good.

I thought it was too but some other people are telling me that a 20g is much better. The only thing is though that they are about 300 more and i think the lag time is forever. Any more thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks all.:thumb:

It all depends on what you want to do with your car. The big 16G is a danged fine turbo, but if you want to make 400HP on pump gas, then that ain't gonna do it for you. Also, keep in mind that the 20G isn't just $300 more for the turbo, the supporting mods (like injectors) need to match the bigger turbo as well.

I'm not trying to make more than 400 hp, but i want to be able to run low 13's, maybe even high 12's. I planned on buying injector's and a fmic after i put the turbo in as well as a super afc. I just installed my boost gauge and mbc today. Do you think i will need more than that to achieve my goals? If so let me know so i can maybe plan something different rather than just throw the money away right now. Thanks.

One thing you might want to do is take a peek at the various 1/4 mile time lists that are around. The one on dsmtuners is real good because there's generally a lot of detail on how a car was modified, here's another source: http://www.dsmtimes.org/fwd.htm

This will give you an idea of what is typical with differing combinations.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back