The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Turbolab HX40 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptncreme

Probationary Member
Feb 10, 2017
Austin, Texas
Im currently running an hx35 7 blade in the .55 housing on a built 2.0, e85 setup. I'm changing to a t3 setup now and am wanting to up the turbo as well. I like the turbo lab hx40's that are billet pieces in 60, 62, or 67mm. I'm aiming for 600whp. Would the 62 mm do it on their .82 t3 housing or will I need the 67 to get there? My current setup just has no top end since the .55 housing is choking it off. Car is not a daily driver so not terribly worried with spool. Max boost comes in around 4200 now, so 5000 would be ok if it revs out to 8500+

I'm pretty sure the 60mm should get u pretty close to your goal. I believe the stock 60mm hx40 is capable of 600whp. The holset forum's would be the place to look for results

I am in the proccess of doing the same exact thing pretty much with my HX40. It is going to be dependent on the rest of your set up as far as how much power you will make. Here is a good place to look around: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/holset-turbos-results-only-complete-installed-systems.313476/

There are a few making 600-650 on the small .55 bep housing and a 60mm. As far as wanting to get some ideas of what you need to get there, I would think the .62 would be a safe bet. I feel as though the .82 is going to be somewhat unnecessary unless you go with the 67mm. I opted to go with the .70bep to help try to keep the lag down a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back