The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

turboing a non turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97eagletalonesi

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
moberly, Missouri
ok so from what i gathered the t-25 came stock on the gst right
and if you have a stock n/a talon like me the max boost is 8psi on stock internals right what brand kit produces the t-25 as a full kit or would i better buying a used parts. anything else would i need. i dont plan on uping the turbo anytime since i bought my wife a 2000 beetle im just looking in alittle more boost. plus the other bolt ons. would i need to change the heads and cams to make it last for turbo. thanks for any replys

so if i get one of those kits i can run at 8psi right and not have to worry about replacing internals. ok i see that you can run low boost. so what else would i have to change.also with that low of boost i can keep all the stock internals.

you all arnt answering my main question can i keep the stock internals with 8psi

Yes you can run stock internals ... just not very long at prolonged boost. Im running with stock internals right now but as soon as I scratch up some money I will be building the motor up. You just have to realize that you wont have long before you need to build it up, so if your heavy on the gas then Id keep the boost down, if not then an 8 PSI hit every now and then shouldnt kill your car.

Im running about a 7-8 PSI and I only tap the gas every so often, otherwise Im off it. Therefor the car is driven just like it always has been and every once in a long while it gets abuse. So as long as you take care of it you should be alright.

so whats the differance in the hrc stage 1 then the stage 2 even though it may be more money but i would say stage 2

hahn stage 1 comes without an intercooler and 5-7psi wastegate spring, stage 2 comes with a sidemount or you can get a front mount and run 8-10 psi. 10psi is safe on stock internals btw. people on 2gnt have been running 10 for years with no problems. Just depends on your motor and driving. I run 8 to be safe but im gonna turn it up to 10 for the track. Star stg 2 here btw. I love it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back