1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build TurboGS

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Aussie420a

Aussie420a Probationary Member

Joined Jan 12, 2020
    Blue springs, Missouri

Street Build 205  10

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. silvreclips

silvreclips Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2005
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Good luck with the build

Autocross Build 515  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Aussie420a

Joined Jan 12, 2020
    Blue springs, Missouri
    Pulled the other motor out of my parts car I bought for cheap that apparently had a “rod knock” I did find some loose cam caps that maybe was the noise heard? Either way cracked the head and oil pan off and I see wiseco piston and eagle rods and the crank looks like it’s been cleaned all the machine work in cylinder wells look great, so I just scored some forged parts worst come to worst I’ll probably put some new bearings and rings on and put them in one of my other blocks I’ve got around. there is a bunch of gel in the coolant passages though, maybe cracked block? I’ll try and get some photos of that aswell.

but I bought the parts car for 300 so I think I’m coming out ahead on this

Attached Files:

Street Build 205  10

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    609DSM likes this.
  4. Aussie420a

Joined Jan 12, 2020
    Blue springs, Missouri
    There’s some photos took a photo of the head gasket cause it looks like it was catching that gel LOL maybe wrong head gasket ? Not to sure if anyone’s seen this chime in always appreciated

Attached Files:

Street Build 205  10

fwd · manual · 2G DSM