The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Turbocharging a 98 eclipse spyder gs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Match3tt

Probationary Member
Sep 30, 2012
Clio, Michigan
I have a 98 eclipse spyder gs with the 4g64 engine. I just have a few questions.
First if i turbo my car will i need to get a turbo ecu?
next, If i turbo the car do i have to get a tune right away? or can i set it at low boost?
Thanks for the help

In short and DSM turbo setup, and get a 2g turbo oil pan. dont go too big as if you use an SAFC to tune dialing in evo 560s suck, i know because i ran a 20g on the 64 and tuning the injectors were a pain, 450s are easier. you need a bigger fuel pump as the stock one can even handle 12 psi on a 16g, adjustable FPR like a aeromotive one, resistor box for injectors and you have to wire them in.

I also have a friend trying to make some headway on running a 2g turbo ecu on a single cam galant using a spyder cam sensor and i will see how that goes. The 64 moves turbo and spools anything pretty much instantly that you have to run like 14bs 16s and 20gs.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks, i appreciate the help. It actually seems a lot more straight forward than i thought.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back