The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Turbocharging a 4G64

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i attached a pdf that has the ecu pinouts for a 1996 2.0 turbo and 2.4 spyder. It also has the electrical diagrams for the MFI system on the 2.4.
Thank you for that file! I have a DOHC head but I don't want to use it to turbo this 4g64. My main plan is 4g64 harness with knock sensor and injector resistor pack, complete stock 4g64 including SOHC head, and any GST parts needed to run the turbocharger. A friend of mine just offered me a 98/99 GSX black box so my next question would be could I use that instead. Down the line, I wouldn't mind switching over to an eprom.

@Clawless
Yes that's all you need to do is wire them in. Honestly all I would do is wire the knock sensor in and run high impedence injectors. So you don't have to mess with the harness more than needed. And on the ecu I would get either a black box 98-99 ecu orrr get a used ecmlink and be done with it.
So yes you could just install the 98-99 ecu and swap out for a eprom later.

Like I said before all that I'd wire in is the knock sensor and use high impedence injectors so you don't have to wire in the resistor box. It saves you from alot of wiring.
Thank you, I'm going to go for the black box then. Does it matter that its from a GSX?

the GST ecu has a speed limiter
the GSX ecu doesn't
you can remove the speed limiter on the gst ecu by removing a resistor from the circuit board.

-95-96 turbo uses a differnt cam sensor than the 97-99
to run a 95-96 ecu with a 97-99 cam sensor, you have to swap spark plug wires and possibly injector pins at the ecu

-96 2.4L has a different cam sensor than the 97-99

-the 97-99 2.4L uses the same cam sensor as 97-99 turbo

-the 96 2.4L cam sensor has a 4 pin connector, i am not sure about its operation but it most likely sends the same signal as the 97-99 sensor, you should verify that it does
or switch to a 97-99 sensor if your gonna run a 97-99 turbo ECU

96 2.4l cam sensor : part# md329158
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

check these two links for some more tasty info

Project 4G64T

http://www.4g64.com/users/~chadnmichelle/spydermods.html

the GST ecu has a speed limiter
the GSX ecu doesn't
you can remove the speed limiter on the gst ecu by removing a resistor from the circuit board.

-95-96 turbo uses a differnt cam sensor than the 97-99
to run a 95-96 ecu with a 97-99 cam sensor, you have to swap spark plug wires and possibly injector pins at the ecu

-96 2.4L has a different cam sensor than the 97-99

-the 97-99 2.4L uses the same cam sensor as 97-99 turbo

-the 96 2.4L cam sensor has a 4 pin connector, i am not sure about its operation but it most likely sends the same signal as the 97-99 sensor, you should verify that it does
or switch to a 97-99 sensor if your gonna run a 97-99 turbo ECU

96 2.4l cam sensor : part# md329158
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

check these two links for some more tasty info

Project 4G64T

http://www.4g64.com/users/~chadnmichelle/spydermods.html
Thank again @dustyboner ! Sounds like I have a lot of reading and homework to do.

I would just run high impedence injectors so you wont have to worry about wiring the resistor box into it. So then you just have the knock sensor to wire in.
And yeah flashing is cheaper but theres no support that I've seen for it in years.
Tendrás diagrama de como instalar el resistor pack del 2g
(Will you have a diagram of how to install the 2g resistor pack)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tendrás diagrama de como instalar el resistor pack del 2g
Tambien puedes usar injectores high z sin tener que usar el resistor pack.
(You can also use high z injectors without having to use the resistor pack.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back