The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meh. Looks like a China special, the "turbocharger" stamped on the compressor cover is a giveaway, as are the misspellings and general lack of correct terminology. Also, even if it weren't a China turbo, there are better options out there than a 57trim for our cars. What are your goals as far as cost, spool, and power?

Ah im slowly building my car im buying all my parts that i need first to make sure my car is in top shape. im looking for maybe a big 16g turbo idk about price has to be decent thou. any thoughts?

Yea first thought, dont get it. Get something genuine, and dont bother getting a new turbo if your maintance isnt up to par. Make sure the car is running well then move on. Follow the upgrade path. Lastly there are few products on ebay that people like, the only one i can think of is the NXS boost controller. I own it myself and love it. Anyways just research and rule of thumb, ebay is bad.

if you guys have any or now of any turbos for sale at a decent price and i can pay them monthly then when im done paying it off they can send it.

im not saying i don't want it to be cheap i just dont want to get screwed over is all im a kid that is going to school and working full time.

Think of it this way, if you pay for this turbo and then it dies on you, not only do you have to deal with the expense of buying a new turbo, but it can take out your motor with it if the oil gets contaminated or if your motor ingests pieces of compressor wheel, so it's really worth getting a good unit. That being said, Holsets are becoming a more and more popular choice for the budget-minded.

Forced Performance Turbochargers

If this is your first turbo upgrade, look at an evo316g as your first turbo. Very efficient, very friendly turbo to start your tuning experience with.

Unless you have fuel mods (550cc+ injectors, Walbro 255hp fuel pump, AFPR, DSMlink or other) I would not suggest you upgrade your turbo. You're looking into a world of hurt in terms of engine damage if you don't have adequate fuel modications. Also, boost will cause pre detonation unless you have adequate air cooling (upgraded SMIC or FMIC) above 16ish psi

what mods do you have that justify the turbo upgrade?

im looking into buying new fuel injectors, i have a FPR with a 255 pump, ordering a FMIC. like i said im trying to take it easy and buy everything i need first. i made a mistake before and it ruined everything. im just getting references right now. but if you guys have any suggestions feel free to help. :)

Yea first thought, dont get it. Get something genuine, and dont bother getting a new turbo if your maintance isnt up to par. Make sure the car is running well then move on. Follow the upgrade path. Lastly there are few products on ebay that people like, the only one i can think of is the NXS boost controller. I own it myself and love it. Anyways just research and rule of thumb, ebay is bad.

the SSAC FMIC is good too, just make sure your cooling system is in top shape,(radiator)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back