The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris97pittman

15+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2004
Bellingham, Washington
Ok I just got back from riding in a 96 GSX and I have just totally fallen in love with turbo and there's no way I'll be able to live with myself if I don't go turbo, k so anyone know the cheapest route to turbo a 97 eclipse, peice by peice, ebay, hahn?

LOL, yea its a nice feeling.....Umm i hate to be the bearer or bad news but search, I know there is an old addage "Search & ye shall find"

Linkie

miamieclipse said:
LOL, yea its a nice feeling.....Umm i hate to be the bearer or bad news but search, I know there is an old addage "Search & ye shall find"

Linkie
I guess you failed to read the heading of the box you typed your reply in.

Do Not Reply to a Message With the Following:
No "Use the Search" replies - answer the question, link to the answer, or don't reply.

To the thread starter...
We have an entire FORUM dedicated to these types of questions... Try reading in it or checkout some of the stickied threads at the top of that forum.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Here's a thread answering "should_or_shouldn't_turbo"....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33872

But yah, check that forum out!

you can also check us out at 2gnt , there are many more turbo 420a's over there and a wealth of knowledge to be had if you can't find what your looking for here.

chris97pittman said:
Ok I just got back from riding in a 96 GSX and I have just totally fallen in love with turbo and there's no way I'll be able to live with myself if I don't go turbo, k so anyone know the cheapest route to turbo a 97 eclipse, peice by peice, ebay, hahn?
Quite honestly, your cheapest route would be to find a GSX.

Defiant said:

Whatever, so you get crank walk and have to build your engine anywayz....

This is why this site sucks....You have a moderator that is telling others to buy a different car.., and I agree with Miami. USE THE DAMN SEARCH KEY or Google

yea i had my choice between a 99 gsx with 113,000 miles or a 99 gs w/ 50,000 miles....im so glad i went w/ the GS because i know that bi*** woulda been breakin down on me.....plus if u go w/ turbo kit...it takes less psi to make the same power as those stock turbo guys...id save up for a stage 1 kit...see how that feels..if u get hooked u can always upgrade easy

I spent about 2,300 total on my setup for the turbo. Its rediculously awsome. i'm running 7psi. feels like ferrari compared to what it was before! very pleased. EBAY EBAY EBAY. is your friend. i got alot of my stuff like intercooler, intake manifold(not needed of course) bov and alot of other stuff from ConceptIllusions (aol screen name). he's got really fair prices.

Defiant said:

that was a pretty ignorant statement defiant seeing that GS-T's around here with similar milage to my NT are $4000 more.

tsi is about 1000 more than a non turbo eclipse. I agree with defiant, saying i used to have a non turbo, its not one sided for me to say that. I sold my 96 rs eclipse for 5000, bought a 96 tsi awd talon for 5500. Similar mileage..better actual condition down to the motor itself (the 420a had developed a leaking valve problem causing smoke). I got power everything, all wheel drive, and turbo on my car for a measily 500 bucks, by far the most economical route available to having a fast dsm in my opinon (from actual experience). I did love my 420a.. spent 4 years of my life in that car....ah the memories.

Denji said:
tsi is about 1000 more than a non turbo eclipse. I agree with defiant, saying i used to have a non turbo, its not one sided for me to say that. I sold my 96 rs eclipse for 5000, bought a 96 tsi awd talon for 5500. Similar mileage..better actual condition down to the motor itself (the 420a had developed a leaking valve problem causing smoke). I got power everything, all wheel drive, and turbo on my car for a measily 500 bucks, by far the most economical route available to having a fast dsm in my opinon (from actual experience). I did love my 420a.. spent 4 years of my life in that car....ah the memories.

well your lucky then. this summer i looked at selling for a turbo, mine is a 99 with 68k miles at the time, i could sell it for about 8 around here. i found a 98 GS-T with 55k miles for $17000 :barf: they ended up selling it for $13000 but thats still a $5k difference, enought to buy hahns stage 5 turbo kit and be in the 12's, and this didnt even have AWD.

Talons are significantly cheaper, also, expect traveling for the right car at the right price. I traveled about and hour and a half away to pick up my car, a friend of mine traveled 2 and a half for his eclipse awd. Your not going to find one in your town most likely. Those with the resolve will end up with one.

If your looking for a 2g turbo, look into the earlier years. A 95 awd turbo will cost your around 4500-6000 & comes with the eprom ecu. Go 4 it! :thumb:

yes turbos are nice i drive my wifes 2000 vw beetle with the 1.8 turbo and its an auto #### that thing up and runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back