The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo upgrade.. What do i need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Da 1GcLiPsE

Probationary Member
Nov 21, 2003
Arnold, MissouriUS
I've got a 13G in my AT talon and want to upgrade to a 14b or possibly a small 16G(only if the price is good). What do i need to change on the car to be able to support the bigger turbo? thanks

Injectors, Fuel Pump (for any snail upgrade), exhaust if you already havent...I would recommend an S-AFC to kinda dial in those injectors and what not...I would recommend getting a 2G manifold as well even if not and EVO III Manifold...

Thing is I KNOW I missed something I just cant remember what...

Hope this helps ya out...

Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Injectors, Fuel Pump (for any snail upgrade), exhaust if you already havent...I would recommend an S-AFC to kinda dial in those injectors and what not...I would recommend getting a 2G manifold as well even if not and EVO III Manifold...

Thing is I KNOW I missed something I just cant remember what...

Hope this helps ya out...

Well, you don't NEED all of that.

Yes the injectors are differnt on automatics, but a 14b will be able to be supported on those injectors.

Fuel pump only if you want to turn up to boost

You will need a new exhuast manifold i belive.

You don't need an s-afc because you don't even need any more to the fuel system.

To sum it all up, I belive all you need is the turbo and a different manifold.(one that will support the exhuast housing.)

My car used to have a 13G on it. I upgraded to a 14B, 2G manifold, 450cc injectors, Dejon Intake, and Buschur UICP all at the same time. It made a difference. Now I got a 2G ported o2, S-AFC, datalogger, and more stuff coming so I can have all the supporting mods and then drop in a nice turbo/fmic in the future. Ditch the 13G asap

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back