The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

turbo timer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josherino

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 18, 2004
Ft Collins, Colorado
wondering what turbo timer to get, maybe looking for something that can clock 0-60 and 1/4 mile, anyone have any suggestions?

I've got the Apex`i TT in mine, but it doesn't clock anything. On the up side, it does show you your O2 sensor reading, to two decimal places, and will tell you if you're running rich or lean, if you hook up the O2 tap to the right wire. It's also very small, so can be mounted almost anywhere in the car. I've got mine stickytaped to the lower cover trim piece (just below the radio).

I think the GReddy TT will clock some times, but you'd need to look it up. It's also MUCH bigger than the Apex`i, and can be a real pain to mount.

In either case, you'll most likely be using the Trust TT harness. I didn't realize they made one for cars that came with the OEM alarm, so I got handed the non-alarm harness by RRE. Irritating.

i think G-Tech's are on ebay for like 50 bucks.

100+ for a turbo timer are waste of money. as long as youre not going balls to the wall then instantly pull over and stop the engine, youll be fine. if you go out and race, then drive normally for a few minutes, you are more than fine. moving and keeping the engine under little load cools alot faster than sitting in the driveway for 2 minutes at idle.

A turbo timer is a turbo timer. Buy one for it's intended purpose, not for bells and whistles. My advice is to find the cheapest one, whether it be GReddy, APEXi, HKS, whoever. Bells and whistles get old after a week, so you are much better off spending $50 to time your turbo, as apposed to a super-cool $150+ timer.

I spent ~84 on a Blitz turbo timer add 20 bones for the plug and play harness.
I installed it last night and it only took 20 minutes. There's a control module that you can hide back into your dash behind the radio or ecu, where ever. The timer display unit is sharp, pretty small. It has the additional features you were mentioning. I was impressed with the ease of install and also it's automatic fature. Some how it manages to set the timer based on engine load. I bought it from DSMparts.com just thought what I have sounds identical to what you're looking for. Here's a link with details:

http://www.dsmparts.com/customer/product.php?productid=297&cat=163&page=1

check ebay i got my greddy turbo timer and HKS harness for like 80 dollars(together from diff dealers) the greddy can be mount on top of the steering wheel hub or if you have a aftermarket cd player or the cd player that came stock with just the CD and not the tape it can go into the cubby hole with no problem and it does all that timing lik 0-60 80-100 0-100 and so on but you have to tap a purple and some other color wire but yea i would highly suggest the greddy if your looking for timing features :thumb:

alex

josherino said:
wondering what turbo timer to get, maybe looking for something that can clock 0-60 and 1/4 mile, anyone have any suggestions?
HKS type 1.

yea, i swear by the hks type 1. I bought it used for like 80 bucks a lil over a year ago and i love it. Has a lot of clockin features. Mine are all in metric tho.. I don't know if they make them for us measurements. any turbo timer is gonna keep your car runnin, but if you wanna be able to do some other stuff with it, the type 1 works pretty good; just can't vouch for any other ones, cuz it's the only one i've tried.

i have the blitz FATT DC..i think its a good turbo timer. Its small and it is automatic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back