The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Turbo Timer Trouble....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboEclips

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2002
TX
So the other day.... I was in a rush back to work from lunch and left my lights on.... well went I got out of work...of course the battery was dead. I had my brother come over and give me a jump. Car started fine and everything...but my turbo timer was stuck with some odd characters on it and said READ on the left side. Its one of the new model greddy turbo timers.

I kept trying to power it off/on, and it wouldn't change from that screen.... So I disconnected the connection on the back of the timer that and reconnected it. After that it came on fine and everything...had my 1 1/2 minute count down on it. When I get home I take the key out of the ignition and the car just shut down. I looked in the manual and it says to go to the set up screen and change the setting to ACC and make sure the switch on the back is set right. I have done all that many times, and even tried the switch in the other direction just for the heck of it. No good.... I just keeps turning off.

Today I just finished checking all the connections again and making sure that none of the fuses were blown, and its all good. Did the turbo timer take a sh!t with that jump it got or what.

Sorry for the length...anybody have any ideas...or anything similar happen to them?

Well for the HKS timers you're supposed to disconnect the timer before you jump start it so I'm sure greddy is the same.

But with that now out of the question, my best guess would be to give greddy a call and see what they say. Their number is (949) 588 8300.

I dunno.... on my old gst....I had the first style of greddy turbo timer and jumped it quite a few times without disconnecting it and never had any problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back