The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

turbo timer help - which power for radiator fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Gina2G

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2011
Beaufort, South_Carolina
okay everyone i found a nice guide on this site on an install for a 2g which has the harness listed as such, along with me adding how i connected it to my TT.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-electrical-wiring/126729-turbo-timer-hardwire-tt-2g.html

(harness plugs into black connector behind steering wheel)

1 big white , constant 12v - to red on TT
1 black&white wire, ignition 1 - to green on TT
1 black&blue wire, ignition 2 - power for switched radiator fans (didnt work)
1 blue with dotted line, ascescorie power - tp blue on TT
grey from TT to ebrake ground
black to ground if 02 wire is not connected, or white 02 wire to pin 76 with black ground to ecu ground (currently grounded to chasis)
1 black & red wire - starter wire

so basically the smaller sensor that controlls the fans broke off a long time ago, but the bigger one that affects start up is in place but has nothing to do with the radiator fans i belive. So ever since i have been using a toggle switch for the fans but now i want to have the fans on the the whole time the engine is running once the key is removed.

I thought it was just simple as going to the other ignition source, but with the key removed the timer starts countdown and keeps the engine running as long as the ebrake is up, but the fans cut off as soon as the postion is moved away from igntion to asecorie i belive.

I've read about people using the other igntion wires for the power so did i just mix up the 2 igintions?

Also since the small sensor that controlls the fans is broken off, is it at all possible to tap into PIN 20 on the ECU to get power for the fans upon TT countdown? Thanks in advance!

You could wire it to the accessory position and it will stay on as long as its in that position I'm not sure about using the pin but I'm sure you would have to replace the sensor let me know if this helps at all

okay so i read someone elses thread where people have been tapping into the BCS power line for both 1G & 2G, this only gets 12V with the key all the way to ignition or with it on, and stays on as long as the ECU is on, also stays on for 5 seconds after the timer shuts the engine off :thumb:

whats better is i was able to keep the original power wire in place and just switch it from battery to BCS power since they're so close

does anyone have any pics of the procedure???

honestly most of my info and the way i did it is shown in post 1, check out that first link. only other thing i used was the online instructions from apexi, otherwise with this thread explaning where you can even tap in for radiator power, you should be all set here :thumb:

So what is the best way to run it the right way I am having the same problem my fan shuts off when the timer is counting down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back