The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Turbo Timer Hardwire in a 1GB

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I specified 1GB because I have an 8 pin ignition harness plug, while some have a 6 pin. Check your ignition harness wiring before you attempt this install, as I am not responsible if you damage yourself, your turbo timer, or your car. This install was performed on a '92 Eagle Talon TSi AWD using a Blitz FATT Type-X turbo timer.

Tools needed:

- Wire strippers/cutters/crimpers
- Volt meter/power finder
- 16 gauge wire
- 16 gauge wire taps
- 16 gauge wire crimp connectors
- Phillips and flathead screwdriver
- Electrical tape
- Razor blade or scissors

Disassembly:

1). Begin by removing the 4 screws holding the lower steering column on. Remove the lower steering column.

2). Remove the 3 screws holding the upper steering column together and remove them. Carefully remove the lower section from around the ignition and key lock button.

3). You now have access to where you need to be. Take a look at the underside of the ignition and look for the bundle of wires coming from it that extend toward the firewall (should be wrapped in electrical tape). Take a razor blade or scissors and carefully cut about an inch or so off somewhere around an inch or so away from the ignition itself. Now would be a good time to mount your TT.

Wiring:

1). Begin by grounding the solid black wire/'s from the TT main harness to an unpainted part of the chassis.

2). Decide if you want the E-brake safety feature. If you do, tap the pink/purple wire of the TT main harness into the green w/red stripe wire coming from the E-brake. You do not need to remove the center console, simply tap into the little bit of exposed wire near the bottom of the E-brake.

If you do not want the E-brake safety feature, simply ground this wire as well to an unpainted part of the chassis.

3). Using your volt meter/power finder, tap the solid red wire from the TT main harness into a constant 12V power source. I simply crimped a male spade connector to the end of it and plugged it into an empty fuse spot that received constant power.

4). Tap the solid blue wire from the TT main harness to the solid blue wire coming from the ignition harness.

5). Cut two generous lengths of your 16 gauge wire. Tap one of them into the black w/white stripe wire coming from the ignition harness. Tap the second wire into the blue w/red strip wire coming from the ignition harness. Cut both extension wires to proper length to reach the TT main harness, strip both ends, then twist them together (you need to make a bridge between the black/wht wire and blue/red wire. Then crimp the connected extension wires to the solid green wire coming from the TT main harness.

6). Diagram:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any questions or concerns, please PM me. Good luck with your install.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back