The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo Timer/ Alarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
Hey all just 2 quick simple questions for those of you that have an idea of what to do about my alarm not working with my turbo timer. I installed my timer way after the alarm and it obviously doesnt work, so i have to wait until its done cooling then set the alarm which sorta defeats the purpose. Ive been doing this for a while now and am kinda sick of it. First, do any of you know how to hook them up together, what would I need and/or any links would be great. Second, do you think I could just add some sort of timer for the alarm for like 3 mins or so, so by the time the car is off the alarm will arm itself shortly thereafter...

Thats it. Thanks for any responses:thumb:

Austin

I have been trying to solve this mystery for about a month now, and I've gotten 2 seperate answers.

1. Cut the ignition wire to the alarm
2. Rig up a relay between the timer and alarm

I've chosen #2 for obvious reasons, and I have a local speed shop wiring it up for me as we speak. I've asked for the schematic too and I will try to post it ASAP.

Originally posted by candela
Second, do you think I could just add some sort of timer for the alarm for like 3 mins or so, so by the time the car is off the alarm will arm itself shortly thereafter...

i have a feature on my alarm where it sets the alarm on 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off...so during that 30 sec is all i have to worry about.

My friend had that same feature on his. I know timers usually work with factory alarms but not aftermarket. So, if there is one for 30seconds, then Im sure theres one for like 2-3mins right? I think the cutting the ignition wire thing might just work though. Either it will eliminate the functionability of the alarm all together cause it might need that, or youll be able to set it while the car is running, since the brain wouldnt know cause the signal has been cut. Where did you find out about this wire cutting thins? Anykind of shematic or diagram of any sort for this thing would be fuggin awesome... thanks for the reply's fellas :thumb:

No need to cut the ignition wire or add relays, switches, etc.All you do is...

1.Find an ignition wire that isn't powered up by the turbo timer.There are at least 3 in the column Ign,Acc, and HVAC.Your turbo timer really only needs to keep power to the Ign wire to keep the engine running, for some reason I think alot of them power up the ACC wire too.You can either hook the Ign input of the alarm to another one of those wires or if your TT powers up the ACC wire too, remove the turbo timer wire from the ACC wire and hook the alarm Ign up to that.The ign input on the alarm is only a sensor wire, it doesn't draw hardly any current, so you can hook it just about anything that powers up with the key and not the TT.

2.A lot of alarms have Forced Passive Arming, that can be turned off and on, and they usually come with it off as a default.Just turn it on.

3.Also a lot of alarms will arm with the ignition on, they just ignored the ignition wire,when its on and the alarm is armed.And will go into full arming(including the ignition) when the TT times out.It might seem like they are not arming, but they are.

4.You can also hook the alarm ignition wire to the key sense wire(the one that senses when your key is in the ignition cylinder).This wire is negative and you will need to switch the polarity with a relay, but you won't need to mess with anything else.

Also a true Ignition wire will stay at +12v during cranking, the ACC and HVAC wires will not.The TT only needs to be hooked up to a the true Ignition wire.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back