The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

turbo spools but no pull

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi8503

Probationary Member
Sep 9, 2002
chicago
hey i have a 90 talon tsi with a newer turbo. the problem is that sometimes when i go to hit the turbo, it spools up and whistles but the car doesn't pull. its like the turbo stops pushing air into the intake. But then other times it will pull ike normal. any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Same issue, but will not pull at all:cry: I did a blt to 15psi and held nicely except for a single injector o ring leaking. What i recently did was put a rebuilt throttle body on, and messed with the cas...... Now it has no pull but full spool and too quick spool on a .70 compressor housing. I have a 6 bolt swap,660 denso injectors, 2.5 dsmlink, large fmic, 1g bov, smp exhuast manifold, and 3in downpipe with cut out right below the driver seat. I have yet to check base timing again, which I know I should. Im running a little rich as of right now because of no wideband which im getting as soon as i can afford it. If someone actually fixes this please put a detailed post of what you did.

P.S. I DID A BOOST LEAK TEST THANKS:D

Interesting.. so im not the only one having this issue due to either the cas or tps LOL
If i may ask.. whats your vacuum at idle? When i messed with the cas and tps and immedietely turned the car on, my vacuum had dropped from 17 to 10. I really wonder how it could drop it down that low without doing anything mechanically. Today i messed with the tps, and i had it spun both ways and it made no difference. I also adjusted my base timing at 5°. But ive also noticed that if i am idling at about 1200-1500 my vaccum goes up slightly. Once it settles to 1k it drops to 10. damn the day i touched those sensors LOL my cas is set so the wires are at the bottom. I also have the 6 bolt swap. I wish i could go back in time and punch myself in the face and be like no! Dont eff it up LOL :nono:

:hellyeah: Check it: after work and a little lifting I took the talon in the garage to start checking crap. first thing I did was check the base timing using the cam gear technique since my lower timing cover is halfway gone and only the ten degree timing mark is on it( how convient). I was out of base timing by a couple degrees. I moved the cas till the timing marks were matching. Then took it on a test drive to see if anything had changed. Badaboom. Back to the v8 killer it first was.
This worked for me and by every one else messing with the cas it probably will for you too. Good luck brothers!:thumb:

Congrats bro! I already tried it before but ill give it another try and ill advance it if i have to. Thanks for the info bro. Really appreciate it :)

When i was messing with my cas my vaccum at idle did change. Im pretty sure you have your cas upside down my man. switch it up and recheck timing. Highly advise you look up how to do it properly again, since as humans we make mistakes and skip over things. Like grounding the timing. Do you have dsmlink? the tps sensor has nothing to do with timing but will mess up your idle and possibly not let you reach WOT.

When i was messing with my cas my vaccum at idle did change. Im pretty sure you have your cas upside down my man. switch it up and recheck timing. Highly advise you look up how to do it properly again, since as humans we make mistakes and skip over things. Like grounding the timing. Do you have dsmlink? the tps sensor has nothing to do with timing but will mess up your idle and possibly not let you reach WOT.

Lol true i will check it out and yes i do have ecmlink. And i grounded the pin through there. Ive also checked with a timing light. But i will remove and mess with it. Thanks for the info :)

Yeah. I agree with the timing thing. Make sure you have your base timing set correctly. Verify with DSMLink. Make sure the indicated timing matches your physical timing.

Also go over your settings in Link. Verify that your Global fuel settings are correct, deadtime, the works.

If you've done all this already, I can't help you further without you posting a log. PM me with a log so I can get a better understanding whats going on. Spool with no boost is frustrating...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back