The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

turbo specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastRS

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
this doesnt directly apply to this forum but i figured you turbo guys would know. i need some info on some turbo's. first of how much boost/power would you be able to get out of this---> T04E 3" inlet 2" outlet, .57 compressor .50 a/r(what exactly is this) compressor, .63 turbine, with a tial 38mm wastegate? and two final things, does anyone know the specs, and capability (boost/hp) of the star stage II and the Hahn super 16 stage II kit? :confused:

I'm sorry I can't help you. YOu'd probably be better off asking this question in the n/t to turbo conversion forum, or on 2gnt.com That first turbo sounds pretty big for a n/t car to have... I don't know what it is with all the turbo conversion guys getting big turbos... they just run them below their efficiency range and have slow spool up. Maybe it's just me. My turbo is half the size of my friend's whose got a huge turbo on his honda. He gets full boost at about 5000 rpm (7psi). Sounds rediculous to me.

Look at this: http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133290

It gives the specs of both the 57trim/stgIII combo and the B16G(which is what the super 16G is, with a 10cm turbine housing.

The .50 a/r compressor housing refers to the size of the housing. A/R is AREA over RADIOUS. It might be a TO4B cover. Im not sure. A .60 a/r compressor cover is a TO4E.

The 57trim is a 50lb per min wheel. In theory then, it is capable of approx. 500whp. The B16G is capable of around 380whp. Neither one will see that kind of airflow at 10psi though.

i'm looking for 300whp. how much boost would i need to run to kit that with these turbo's. when i'm finished i'll have a fully built motor, so that will help. also how much would a .50 trim t3/t4 make? as you can tell i'm new to the whole turbo thing.

Well there is no set amount or power you can make via being prescribed by someone online. However both of those turbos are very capable of putting out 300whp. If you are going to be boosting the 420A then I would stick with the 50trim or 16G option (not .50 btw), it will surely make for a very nice all around turbo. Ive had both :D

so you think the 50 trim t3/t4 is a good idea? how much boost would i have to run to get there? also whats a good wastegate to use (size and brand). how about a 38mm tial? also would you happen to know what that turbo flows?(lbs per minute)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back