The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Turbo rebuild kits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST0880

Probationary Member
Jun 14, 2022
Avon Lake, Ohio
My oil feed line broke on my turbo. I limped the car home but turbo bearings are now making noise. Since my car is stock I wanted to know what rebuild kit anyone would recommend to use?

I don't have any experience rebuilding the factory T25, but I have used GPopShop's rebuild kits for other turbos and can't say enough good things about them. I called to ask about RHB31 disassembly and the guy I spoke to off the top of my head knew what my problem was and how to progress on a turbo from a Japanese kei car, and when I damaged a seal during installation they broke down their only remaining kit to send me a replacement seal and then ordered more for their stock. I was very impressed with their knowledge and customer focus.

If the oil feed line broke, the turbo is probably scrap. It doesn't take much to damage a TB2566 beyond repair given how undersized they are from the factory. A momentary lapse in lubrication on a journal bearing turbo is typically fatal because the oil is the bearing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back