The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Turbo problem has me stumped

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogergoochman

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 24, 2003
toledo, Ohio
I have a 91 galant VR4. It has 20g, DNP manifold, DNP o2 housing, Tial 38mm wastegate, 3" turboback, walbro 255, aeromotive AFPR, act2600, greddy 24r fmic, Safc2. So now that you know what im working with ill describe my problem.
We just put the dnp stuff, 20g, and tial wastegate on. And we take it out to test it out. Car drives good before boost. Boost gauge shows the car building boost hits full boost and the car doesnt move. It drives like a nonturbo you dont feel the boost. It doesnt sputter or misfire at all. Checked the timing its good, checked the compression its good. Clutch doesnt slip at all. It doesnt get any faster during boost then out of boost. its constant slow acceleration in and outta boost.

Where is your boost guage tapped in at?

What maf setup are you running?

How's the tune on the vehicle?

Is it dumping fuel at WOT?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back