The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Turbo Options for 450-550hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An off the shelf GT35r will do exactly what you want.

However, limiting yourself to a mitsu turbine housing is cutting your nose off in spite of your face. When you're looking for 500+, it's time to branch out. A mitsubishi turbine housing WILL be a choke point for you. Time to start thinking about switching over to a T3 or TiAl turbine housing.

Hell Chris, I made 297whp on Cali 91oct with my 20g and 12-14lbs boost on STOCK injectors..

OP: I would suggest perhaps any kind of 20g or a holset. Maybe an Hx35 with a BEP housing. That package has been proven to make upwards of 500 whp!!
Wow, what were you seeing for duty cycle on those stockers? That sounds like it would have been pushing the limits.

Not sure about those numbers in link something is definitely not setup right(on my phone cant see the log)

The hp in link is slightly inflaited but Ive logged dyno pulls on Er dyno jet an A small adjustment to weight an gear ratio made the numbers match obviously this is with a property configuerd setup as alot of thing could throw it off Ie 1-2 pulls LOL

but 4-500 isnt to far out of the normal for higher boost with good fuel I recently returned (bigger injectors was maxed on old ones) a local car E85 with built motor bolt on scm5031e 1150s sd etc an adjusted down in link it was at 504/486 on 30psi this was a fairly conservative winter E70 tune....

Regardless the numbers everyone seen(aside from white92) are right inline with my experience with this turbo as I run a ball bearing one great pump gas turbo probably a better option then a 16g for someone without access to E85/race gas as spool is great in a bolt on .63ar housing I can hit 35psi by 4200rpm but If your gonna want Easy Numbers in that range E85 is gonna make it much easier as this turbo really wakes up around 25psi...

I'm in the same boat as you, op. I ended up going with the FP Green. It's full bolt and flows 54lb/min. So hitting 450-550 should be reasonable.

I'm usually not a brand whore, but you really can't go wrong with anything from Forced Performance.

cough fp cough green cough.

I'm in the same boat as you, op. I ended up going with the FP Green. It's full bolt and flows 54lb/min. So hitting 450-550 should be reasonable.

I'm usually not a brand whore, but you really can't go wrong with anything from Forced Performance.

Exactly. Its aimed almost specifically for the goals mentioned.:thumb:

Yep, got a long way to go, gotta enjoy what i have now, and many more projects and years down the road, forgot about that bolt on a/r bolt on. Fp is a great one too.

I may be upping the ante soon and I'm looking for a quality turbo in the range of 450-550hp give or take.

I have every supporting mod. Just give me some ideas and your experience.

The turbo needs to be available in a Mitsubishi housing.

Are you not willing to go T3? 450 to 550whp or crank horsepower? What fuel? What are you wanting to do with the car? If your looking for just a peak HP number, there are many options, if your looking for a wide power band, they are not so many. Give us more info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back