The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Turbo Options for 380+hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent_AWDdaddy

Probationary Member
Dec 19, 2018
New Prague, Minnesota
What is the best turbo I can get 380-500 hp out of(with proper supporting mods) that is NOT 16g-20g?
This is a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 6-bolt
This is my first build so any help is appreciated :)

I am, of course, going to say Holset HX35 or 40. Reliable, reasonable and can make well over 500 ponies.
DSM flange housing for it or T3. DSM flange for a HX35 is good, T3 is better for the 40.

380-500 is a hugely wide margin...

so if you want 500, forget about 380. perhaps you meant 480?
anything that can do 500 can do 380, just detuned by limiting pressure.

do you want to revise your goals to tighten up your goals?
that being said, 500 is a popular number. as rabenne stated, the answers are readily available via search either directly on forum or "500hp site:dsmtuners.com" via google. if this is your first build you will be using both a lot, as most of us have!

I am, of course, going to say Holset HX35 or 40. Reliable, reasonable and can make well over 500 ponies.
DSM flange housing for it or T3. DSM flange for a HX35 is good, T3 is better for the 40.
Thank you for your input! I'm very confident on what I should do for supporting mods but what would you advise to be done to the engine specifically?

Last edited:
A good set of pistons and have the rotating assembly balanced. Stock 6 bolt will go 500 on stock rods. If you have the money, grab a set of rods to go with the pistons.
Bolt the head on like you want it to stay sealed.

Hy35 will get you in that range I bought mine for 150 used it's not just a bolt on though. The hy35 is one of the smaller holsets so alot of Cummins guys upgrade witch means we get them for cheap

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back