The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

turbo not lubin but I'm still boostin PLEASE HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostlygobitshow

Probationary Member
Oct 27, 2004
Ft. Collins, Colorado
What up dsm'ers, I come back in dire need of some help. So I had a small 16g on my car and I had a horrible exhaust manifold gasket leak. Once I replaced it my car started screamin like it never had before. It was pulling very hard at 16psi. Then my oil dipstick kept blowing out and oil would go all over my car. This happened twice and then the next day my car started smoking like all hell from the exhaust every time I changed gears. My car didn't want to boost like it should so I did a leak down test and compression and eveything checked out great. Then I took off my intake and found out that my turbo had like a centimetre of shaft play and was completely shot. SO I put on a 14 b hoping that would fix the problem but it still smoked when I drove it around the block. SO somehow my turbo is getting too much oil or not enough oil. I'm leaning on the not enough oil. What chould I check, I need to drive my car but I don't want to blow another turbo, Please help guys, I'll be watching this forum all day long. THANKS

If it's blue smoke, you're burning oil somewhere--usually either at the turbo or the valve stem seals. If you only get a puff or two of blue smoke at takeoff or at idle when revving the engine, it is probably valve stem seals. If a constant stream of blue smoke comes out while boosting, your turbo is on its last legs.

Also might check the PCV valve...

thanks joemathews, but I just had a valve job done, seals replaced, new pistons, cams, and the head resurfaced 3000 miles ago. Just changed the PCV valve 5 minutes ago, but it seemed like it was in working order and the hose to it was fine. Please guys, I'm positive it has to do with the oil to the turbo. Please HELP

could venting the pcv to a catch can help this or is there something alse going on here? Please guys I'm kinda screwed because I don't want to just do trial and error and blow another turbo. You guys have ANY clue?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back