The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo Manifold??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSXEclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 7, 2008
847, Illinois
Quick question if any ones knows. I have a 2g dsm and i was looking to do a turbo manifold and i was wondering if you get like an obx or a pacesetter am i going to lose my o2 sensor thats in the stock one. does the turbo bolt right up or do you keep that part of your old mani.???

thanks guys

You won't lose an o2 sensor because they plug into your o2 housing and into your exhaust behind your cat. Your exhaust manifold doesn't have a sensor.

You also mention keeping part of your manifold so the turbo will bolt up?? It should all be once piece.

I am a bit confused as to what part of the exhaust system you are refering too. At parts it sounds like your talking about the o2 or turbo housing, not the manifold.

Why are you using a different turbo manifold than stock? Are you going to a much larger turbo?

Pacesetter = the worst turbo manifold made. A good buddy of mine completely blew runner #4 away from the collector when his was just 8 months old, and Pacesetter wouldn't repair / replace the manifold.

The XS Power / DNP knockoffs are more durable, but fitment is still a bi*** and any tubular header increases engine bay temps drastically.

Honestly there's no reason to replace the stock manifold unless it's cracked you're upgrading your turbo. If that's the case, look into an Evo III Manifold (same manifold as a 2G with a bigger 7cm2 collector volute) or the FP Race Manifold, which combines the flow features of a tubular header with the durability of a cast manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back