The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Turbo Manifold (DSM Stock Replacement) Video with Design Aspects/Challenges

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Showing some design aspects/challenges with our fabricated/tubular DSM stock replacement manifold and why they are important for power per psi for all turbo manifolds and generating more airflow with less boost by having less residual exhaust gas remaining in the cylinder. Hoping to have more articles up on our website that go over some of the underlying mechanisms of what a turbo manifold actually does :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Showing some design aspects/challenges with our fabricated/tubular DSM stock replacement manifold and why they are important for power per psi for all turbo manifolds and generating more airflow with less boost by having less residual exhaust gas remaining in the cylinder. Hoping to have more articles up on our website that go over some of the underlying mechanisms of what a turbo manifold actually does :)
That manifold is a work of art! I want one LOL

I have what may be a stupid question. Originally I was planning my build around an FP race mani with a new FP Zero Ball Bearing for DSM. I always loved the looks of the Morrison tubulars but was worried about and trying to minimize the amount of custom fab to make everything jive. The FP Zero is still a bolt on and this says stock replacement. So will this work with the FP easily and will it provide benefit over the FP race mani? It looks like a piece of art and would love to have one but ultimately I want performance over looks and ease of installation. Any help here would be great.

I have what may be a stupid question. Originally I was planning my build around an FP race mani with a new FP Zero Ball Bearing for DSM. I always loved the looks of the Morrison tubulars but was worried about and trying to minimize the amount of custom fab to make everything jive. The FP Zero is still a bolt on and this says stock replacement. So will this work with the FP easily and will it provide benefit over the FP race mani? It looks like a piece of art and would love to have one but ultimately I want performance over looks and ease of installation. Any help here would be great.

Nathan did just that test :)
The manifold uses factory placement so the O2 housing and downpipe etc are retained- no custom pieces needed to make it work (outside of the FP zero needing a wastegate mounted off the O2 housing but that is compatible with both the FP manifold and ours just the same)

The FP manifold will be less responsive and take a little more boost but overall each manifold can max out the turbo, and the turbo/compressor will ultimately be the limiting factor for peak power numbers (just take slightly different boost levels to get there depending on the rest of the setup). Just to note some discrepancies; there were some issues with holding boost later in the day that were traced to the wastegate position sensor coming loose and bleeding off boost (which is why the 40psi MF pulls held more boost than the later 44psi MF pulls). Either way, our manifold was unlikely to make more peak power with other tuning parameters the same since the airflow capabilities of the compressor were the limiting factor.

Just the info I was looking for.! His set up is even pretty close to what mine will be. Thank you. I think I'll be planning on the MF now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back