The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo making a weird sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylanwilliams200

Probationary Member
Jul 26, 2021
Buffalo, New_York
My turbo started making a weird sound since yesterday, I was even driving fast when I heard it. Whenever I build up boost and shifts it makes a air compressor sound like a pssss sound if that makes. It’s not the usual sound that my turbo makes. Any idea what’s wrong?

Do you mean like air escaping? Maybe you have a really strong blow off valve? 🤣
Maybe but I’ve been driving the car for about a month and it just started making that sound yesterday. Along with this sound from the engine when it’s idle. In the video you can tell it comes and goes
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Okay maybe it’s nothing serious but both my turbo and my engine has been making a different sound since yesterday, it evens idle at a higher rpm. I have a top DSM guy close by though so I’m gonna go see him

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back