The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Turbo leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Davis

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2019
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Hello,

I have an fp red uhf 57s that I got back in may of last year. I boost leak tested the car shortly after I put it on and the only place it felt like it was coming from was in between the compressor cover and the center cartridge. I sent it back to FP because they did a revision to the turbo and I also had them fix that. I got it back and now again the same leak has popped up. Is there something that commonly provokes that or what seals are in that area. Sorry I’m new to this and haven’t ever come across this with the smaller td04/05 turbos

Thanks

Since no one else has responded,

I would contact forced performance.

Its typical for a tdo5 framed turbo to bleed pressure into the oil drain from the housing during a boost leak test. It would be abnormal for the housing to leak air from the compressor housing out to the engine bay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back