The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

turbo kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasteclispe

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 12, 2004
queens, New_York
hi i have a 1997 eclipse rs and i want to add a turbo to it but i cant afford to buy it as a kit. i want to buy the parts 1 by 1 but im not sure what i need exactly. and someone tell me all the parts i need to make my car turbo and also if u know some sites where i can get these parts (not the whole kit)......ty

***LOL changed ass to add

yes i want to "ass a turbo" to my car too. :rolleyes:

I'll probably get flamed for this but If you want a turbo then sell your car and buy one that has an engine (like a 4g63) which is made for that kind of abuse. I don't think turboing a 420a is very cost effective.

420a questions dont belong in the advanced 4g63 tech section.

off the top of my head i dont know any sites with individual parts, not trying to offend but it doesnt sound like you're a mechanic, and having alot of spare parts just sitting around wont be fullfilling so just save your $ and buy a turbo kit. People will say get a 4g63 but it's your car do what you want.

http://www.turbo-kits.com/eclipse_turbo_kits.html (lists the parts)

also search the forums/look in the tech section.

personal advice though, people have made power on a 420a, but why not save your $ and just sell your car when you have a good bit put away and get a gsx. Remember prices will go down as you save $

either way have fun and dont break too much.

i have no problem buying a gs-t or gsx but i was told that the insurance in them is way to high. i can buy the car but the insurance is what will kill me. i just got out of high school and as it is not i have problems paying for my insurance. much more for when i get a turbo car. and i also live in ny so the price is higher than other places.

kooka said:
420a questions dont belong in the advanced 4g63 tech section.

sorry didnt see the advanced 4g63t part all i saw was engine performance

lasteclispe said:
i have no problem buying a gs-t or gsx but i was told that the insurance in them is way to high. i can buy the car but the insurance is what will kill me. i just got out of high school and as it is not i have problems paying for my insurance. much more for when i get a turbo car. and i also live in ny so the price is higher than other places.

hearing something doesn't mean it's fact, did you call the insurance company? every time there is a "whats your insurance" post on here it never ceases to amaze me how close the insurance is on a gs/rs when compared to a gst/gsx sometimes.

so you save $ with insurance, but you'll spend it on a turbo kit/breaking the car for alot less performance.

It's a DSM, your going to empty your pocket one way or the other.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back