The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo Injen intake question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickGSX

Probationary Member
Sep 29, 2002
Pittsburgh_PA.
Injen make 2 different intakes for turbos 1 that uses stock BOV and 1 that needs an aftermaket BOV, i want the after maket one, and the one that came in has two tiny opening on it for hoses. is that the right one ? Or is it supposed to have one big opening that gets pluged? let me know if the company gave me the right one!!!!!!!!!

injen does make 2 intakes one with a bov recirculation inlet, and one without. it all depends on what you want to do vent to the air? or vent back into the intake. i personally got the one with the recirc. inlet it still lets you hear the blow off noise.

the two types of intakes you are talking about are the one for a bov that recirculates and one for a venting BOV. you got the one for a venting BOV, which you can basically only use with an expensive aftermarket engine management system. You should be able to return it and tell them that you need the other one.

indeed get the injen intake pipe which has the tube for recirculation.. even if your going to vent to the atmosphere. it's always nice to have a choice if your car starts running like isht (if you vent ot the atmosphere) to recirculate when needed.. and its cheaper to plug the hole then to buy a new intake pipe..

i would recommend a dejon intake pipe though.. bigger diameter :)

Ya i didnt know that u could just plug up the hole and to vent to the atmosphere with an aftermarket BOV i thought that it was only for recirulating. i am tring to get a hold of the company to see if they will let me return it for the that one., but if they dont can someone give me there oppinion if they think the one i have will work ok ?

the one you have will work regardless.. but you wont be able to recirculate.. and if your still running with the stock mas.. then its ideal to recirculate.. i don't know how your car runs with the bov vented to the atsmopehre.. but for SOME people.. vented bov makes their car idle like isht to a point where it will die.. and also perform sluggish.. and as said before.. you will be running rich in between shifts.. regardless if your car SEEMS like its runnin normal or like crap..

you could always get standalone or hks vpc.. but its not worth it just so you can vent to the atmopshere..

thanks Red Turbo Eclipse, i planned on getting the Greddy type s BOV do u think i will have any problems with that one or do u or aynbody else recommend another brand, that will work the best. i heard that Greddy is supposed to be # 1 for DSM's. Well somebody let me know.

My AWD loves the snow does yours?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back