The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Dropped something into Turbo coolant line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgold87

Proven Member
Nov 20, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Alright guys, dumbass mistake. Replacing hose from thermostat to turbo coolant line and when I went to put a plug on the hardline to keep coolant from leaking out, the plug went in the hardline. Can this hardline be removed without taking off the turbo and manifold?

I assume stock turbo? You may be able to remove the line with just the manifold off. I’d try removing the drain banjo which is up front and apply air to see if it comes out the feed side. Obviously remove the rubber line off the thermostat side first.

Think what ever you used is most likely in the center cartridge so you might be able to get at it by removing the drain banjo

Last edited:
If that is the only open coolant hose apply a little regulated shop air pressure to the other side. You know the cooling system is pressurized under operation. Set the regulatir to about 15psi. You might get a little coolant shot out also but I can't see any harm. I wouldn't crank the pressure up. Cooling system isn't made for that. It either works or it doesnt

I bet it’s stuck between the banjo and hard line on the rear. It couldn’t have passed through the banjo. Btw what were you using? I say take the soft line off the tstat housing, remove the drain banjo and put air to it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back