The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo Computer swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94tealtalon

Probationary Member
May 7, 2011
Forestburg, AB_Canada
Ok I own a 94 eagle talon n/t FWD 5 speed standard and I found a complete 13b turbo with all piping, intercooler, 390cc injectors, exhaust and intake manifold, bov and o2 sensor but I need to find a turbo computer.

Can I use a turbo computer that came off a automatic transmission or do I need to find a computer that's designed for a standard transmission ?

My suggestion would be to find a complete 6 bolt or 7 bolt with wiring harness, and get the turbo tranmission as well..Is the 94 a 1.8l?

That would be the best way to get your boost on past 8 psi..Basically just turning you n/t into a gst..

My suggestion would be to find a complete 6 bolt or 7 bolt with wiring harness, and get the turbo tranmission as well..Is the 94 a 1.8l?

That would be the best way to get your boost on past 8 psi..Basically just turning you n/t into a gst..

It is a 2.0L n/t, I already bought a turbo transmission.

thanks, I'll go find a turbo standard computer.

Wait a sec there pumkin. If you've got 390s you'll want the A/T ECU, it's already set up for 390s.

I'm not an expert on n/t swaps but will give it a shot.. I'm also not sure the 2.0 n/t has everyting you need already wired but it doesn't hurt to try..

If you bought a 5speed transmissin I would ge tthe 5speed ecu..I.m not positive how much of a difference the ecu is going to make since it's fwd..But the 5 speeds also use 450 injectors and lower fuel pressures..Your going to need a manifold..Preferably a manual manifold not the 13g auto manifold..And manual 02 housing..I would also look for a lager tubine housing for the 13g..It comes with a very small 5cm housing and will choke at higher rpms..

You also got the auto fpr correct?

I'm not an expert on n/t swaps but will give it a shot.. I'm also not sure the 2.0 n/t has everyting you need already wired but it doesn't hurt to try..

If you bought a 5speed transmissin I would ge tthe 5speed ecu..I.m not positive how much of a difference the ecu is going to make since it's fwd..But the 5 speeds also use 450 injectors and lower fuel pressures..Your going to need a manifold..Preferably a manual manifold not the 13g auto manifold..And manual 02 housing..I would also look for a lager tubine housing for the 13g..It comes with a very small 5cm housing and will choke at higher rpms..

You also got the auto fpr correct?

If you get the 5-speed ecu, get the 5-speed injectors... Otherwise just use an auto ecu, it'll be pre-configured for the auto setup. The TCU controls transmission shifts on the auto, it's not part of the ecu. The 13g manifold will work fine with a 13g, the n/t has a higher compression piston anyway. Make sure you run 91-93 octane, if you do the 450's do a standard turbo ecu.

You could keep your n/t intake manifold and throttle body to make the swap easier, don't push the n/t too hard with those small injectors (aka boost controller, doubling the factory boost on factory injectors/pump)

If you want to up the boost, put 450's in it. Not sure if there is any difference in the nt/turbo fuel pumps factory, but make sure you change out that old fuel filter at minimum when you do the swap.

Ok I'll go find a automatic turbo ecu and use the 390cc injectors.

So should I use the 13b intake manifold and throttle body or my stock n/t intake manifold and throttle body if I use the 390cc injectors ?

I just talked to the guy I bought my spare transmission from and its a standard 5 speed n/t transmission not a turbo transmission.

Last edited:
You can use the stock n/t tranny since your only going to be boosting less than 10psi..

You were talking exhaust manifold for the 13g right not intake manifold..That question was already answered by me if you want the most out it....But you can use the 13g manifold if money is a problem, but you should be able to pick up a manual manifold or 2g for probably around 80 shipped if that..

You'll be just fine with the nt tranny. You shouldn't be boosting over like 7 psi on the nt pistons anyhow and the nt tranny will hold up just fine. You'd definately be way better off swapping out the pistons and cams for the turbo counterparts. Anything over 7 psi for long periods of time and you can kiss your rings goodbye.

Haha! Sorry bud for posting practically the same thing. You beat me to the chase!

You'll be just fine with the nt tranny. You shouldn't be boosting over like 7 psi on the nt pistons anyhow and the nt tranny will hold up just fine. You'd definately be way better off swapping out the pistons and cams for the turbo counterparts. Anything over 7 psi for long periods of time and you can kiss your rings goodbye.

I can't really afford to swap out the pistons and cams for the turbo parts, that will have to wait until the cars actually needs a engine rebuild.

Thanks for all the info guys, I will use the a/t intake and exhaust manifold and the 390cc injectors with the turbo a/t ecu and my n/t transmission.

Hahaaa! Awesome man! It'll definately be a fun gain in power! I agree! Might as well boost the piss outta it and have fun drivin until a rebuild is imminent! Keep us posted!

Hahaaa! Awesome man! It'll definately be a fun gain in power! I agree! Might as well boost the piss outta it and have fun drivin until a rebuild is imminent! Keep us posted!

I should have the turbo installation done in 2 weeks at the most. Thanks again. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

If you get the 5-speed ecu, get the 5-speed injectors... Otherwise just use an auto ecu, it'll be pre-configured for the auto setup. The TCU controls transmission shifts on the auto, it's not part of the ecu. The 13g manifold will work fine with a 13g, the n/t has a higher compression piston anyway. Make sure you run 91-93 octane, if you do the 450's do a standard turbo ecu.

You could keep your n/t intake manifold and throttle body to make the swap easier, don't push the n/t too hard with those small injectors (aka boost controller, doubling the factory boost on factory injectors/pump)

If you want to up the boost, put 450's in it. Not sure if there is any difference in the nt/turbo fuel pumps factory, but make sure you change out that old fuel filter at minimum when you do the swap.

Ok, what did you mean by running the n/t to hard with the 390 injectors ?? Are you talking about over boosting or leaning out the air/fuel mixture ??

I have a chance to get 450cc injectors but i'm kinda scared to because of the extra compression my n/t motor has. What injectors should I be using with the 13b turbo set up and my n/t compression motor ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back