The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Turbo choice? 6766 vs super 99

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super 99 has a lot of issues with backpressure so I'd definitely use the largest turbine housing you can get your hands on if you plan to max it out.

When we ran one in the .85 T3 housing it was donezo at 46psi / 100% gate duty. The car still went the fastest it had ever gone on the Super 99, but all in all it was only 2 tenths and 3mph faster than the 66mm HX40....and at 6ft above sea level where the best HX40 pass was at 1200ft. Airflow was into the 90's but the +3mph trap speed wasn't indicating a 150whp gain from the additional airflow....likely a result of the turbine restriction.

Super 99 has a lot of issues with backpressure so I'd definitely use the largest turbine housing you can get your hands on if you plan to max it out.

When we ran one in the .85 T3 housing it was donezo at 46psi / 100% gate duty. The car still went the fastest it had ever gone on the Super 99, but all in all it was only 2 tenths and 3mph faster than the 66mm HX40....and at 6ft above sea level where the best HX40 pass was at 1200ft. Airflow was into the 90's but the +3mph trap speed wasn't indicating a 150whp gain from the additional airflow....likely a result of the turbine restriction.
I see that that makes sense since my buddy that hooked me up with the super 99 had to spray on top end to get it to boost 50+ psi ..

My whole thing is with my 6766 it’s t4 bigger hot side I’ll probably have the same results as the 99

I’ll swap it if it’s worth it but if it’s too close why do it …

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back