The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo Chargers.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anmGST

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2007
Waltham, Massachusetts
Anyone have experience with them ot thier turbos. My buddy is looking at the EVO3. They are decently priced with porting and all.

Last year i ran a "turbochargers.com" Korean EvoIII 16G. They talk about how great they are and how they improved on all of these "flaws" that the Mitsubishi turbo has... Dont belive it.... The turbocharger.com 16G is cheeper than the true EvoIII, but its worth the money to get the real one. I had a 14B on my car, and i was looking for a cheep upgrade from that for my GSX so i bought one of those knock-off turbos :beatentodeath:. It did put me up to 13.07 @ 101mph, so i was happy with it at first. BUT after a few months of running the turbo it started sounding like a buzz saw under boost. I checked it for shaft play and there was the problem. The turbine & shaft were so loose that you could take your finger and pull the shaft about a 1/4 inch SIDE TO SIDE... ( not up and down like you normaly have shaft play... this came out towards the turbo inlet... ) So what it was doing was walking foward under boost and the fins were rubbing agains the housing, that created the buzzing noise ( and who knows how much metal came off of that thing and went into my engine... ) - good thing i did a rebuild after i took that time bomb off... I can go on about this turbo forever, overall save your time and money its worth it just to get a REAL MITSUBISHI EVOIII 16G. - its not worth it to buy junk, you wont be happy. :notgood:

I bought a real MHI EVOIII BIG 16G from them in January of this year. It has been in my car for about 6,000 miles now. No shaft play at all. It has a lot more power then the 14b had and I'm only boosting stock levels right now (9 PSI). All in all I am very pleased with it and with turbochargers.com, their customer service was great.

i bought my EvoIII from Forced Performance because of the port work they do.

Ported hotside, standard wastegate flapper and still able to hold 9psi without creeping.

I bought my turbo from extremepsi, turbo kits is a more local store up here I have only heard good things about them. I happen to know someone who is good friends with the owner. Ive talked to a guy that works there at well, Met him at 130 in the am walking out of a store haha, he asked about my car and then talked to me bout the site. But all in all good guys and good products. I'd recommend them to anyone, But dont get the pos gt.

I have the tc gt e316g as well and so far so good and I can hold 8 lbs of boost if I want to... Currently boosting at 16 and it pulls harder than the 14b.
But i dont plan on keeping it for too long though because I want to go with a 50trim if I can keep this car fixed long enough to want to keep it...

I also have the evo3gt from turbochargers. Just about to hit 7,000 miles on it. No shaft play what so ever. I have been boosting 17psi on it since day one. Just received my 650's, 255 pump and afpr. Now it will be seeing 23-24psi. It has been a very good turbo for me. I was skeptical on the gt before I got it, but most of the bad reviews of it were from hear say and not actual owners of it. The good reviews outweighted the bad. gsxtacy also helped in my deceison making.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back