The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

turbo bolts keep coming loose.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlyoneromeo

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2012
wappingers, New_York
Anyone have this problem with these coming loose constantly?

Attachments

• 2013-07-31-13-22-24.jpg
    2013-07-31-13-22-24.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 118
What washers (if any) do you have on there?

You need to use the OEM turbo lock washers. They are concave and come in pairs. They are expensive as far as washers go, but cheap in the big picture and are what will hold best. I have never had these back out on me when installed properly.

The Mitsu part number is: MR187848

This is what they look like:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

In the pic, I can clearly see that those are not the proper bolts or washers. Just get three OE bolts and four washers and get the OE nut just in case cause I cant tell if the nut is the correct one or not from the pic. Also, use good antiseize on all the bolts and the nut as well or they will gall up.

can anyone please help me and show me what the correct bolts look like or am i just going to have to run to mitsu dealer and buy them? are there any online mitsu parts places where i can find a schematic and buy them?

I went to a local industrial supply store and got grade 10.9 hex bolts for mine. They also have grade 12 socket head cap screws that I have used in the past.

Use copper anti-sieze and hot torque them after a hard pull. They don't back out on me and I have never used the special washers...

I went to a local industrial supply store and got grade 10.9 hex bolts for mine. They also have grade 12 socket head cap screws that I have used in the past.

Use copper anti-sieze and hot torque them after a hard pull. They don't back out on me and I have never used the special washers...

I've used grade 10.9 bolts with regular lock washers before also, but usually just 1 or 2 due to an OEM bolt breaking unexpectedly. Had good results as they never broke or backed out either. It is important to re-torque them after a heat cycle.

I used a grade 8.8 bolt one time, and when I removed it to replace it with an OEM bolt it was visibly stretched. Just thought I'd add that info in case anyone was thinking about trying it or wondering what would happen if they did.

can anyone please help me and show me what the correct bolts look like or am i just going to have to run to mitsu dealer and buy them? are there any online mitsu parts places where i can find a schematic and buy them?

Can get them from your local Mitsu dealer or as posted in reply #9, Extremepsi is a great place to buy from, carry lots of OEM parts (as well as aftermarket) & prices will likely be less then the dealer.

Can also check the supporting vendors on this forums, as some will have these as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back