The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Want to Turbo 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavinrich25

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2021
Roanoke, Virginia
Hey guys planning to turbo my 420a stock motor. I’m just looking for something to play around with.and make it a quick little car. I don’t have a megasquirt yet but I do have a t3 turbo with 650cc injections now Ik that’s a lot and way more then I need but would a fmu handle that. Or which fmu to get? I’ll get a megasquirt after I build the motor but that won’t be till few months down the road. Any 420a guys turbo and not use megasquirt what was your case or build? Any help is appreciated

First off, boosting an internally stock 420a without a tuning solution is a bad idea. But I'm sure you already know, and you said you have plans for MS and a built engine so here goes:

All these links were found using the search function. You might want to try it yourself, it's a very useful function of this website.

I'm not on megasquirt but I'm going to be. The fuel management units are not very good. They work but not the best I've had rich idle problems even with 250cc injectors. I also boosted my stock engine and the ringlands cracked almost right away. I fully built mine now and even with an adjustable fmu it works under boost but anything else it just doesn't work. If I were you I'd just do it right the first time. This is the stuff the breaks people down on their projects.

Last winter I did a turbo 420a project with my buddy, the Megasquirt if your going to buy it, I would suggest the top level model.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back